Snow Plowing Forum banner
321 - 330 of 330 Posts
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
Ok, world headquarters update now that I can post pictures again:

Irrigation central got some shelving so I can actually find stuff now.
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Gas Bumper

This is the generator and wiring setup on world headquarters
Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive tire Wood Gas

Automotive tire Wood Gas Machine Concrete

got a workbench, tool cabinet and shelving

Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive design

Automotive tire Wood Building Motor vehicle Stool

bought a 40ft container to store machines in. I want to put the plows and salters on the roof of the container because I'm limited with ground space at the yard so I had it reinforced.
Automotive tire Wood Building Gas Composite material

Had hooks added to the top to strap things down.

Sky Wood Cloud Plant Rolling

That's all I've got for now

Attachments

·
Registered
49,881 Posts
Looks well thought out and set up.

I like it.

·
Super Moderator
9,585 Posts
Don’t they stack full sea cans one atop of another?
why the need to reinforce the roof from the inside
?

couldn’t you have laid the tubes across the roof?
( on top)
Because when sea cans are stacked on one another, the corners are what’s touching/ bearing the weight.
The center part where the plows are going or whatever he’s putting up there is just pressed sheet metal, in fact jumping up and down on will dent it.

another reason why you should never bury containers if you’re prepping and looking for a fallout shelter.

2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
Looks well thought out and set up.

I like it.
Thank you sir

We’ve done a ton of self tappers on our sea cans with excellent results. I’ve been leery of putting things on top of mine. Let me know how the reinforced roof works out. Looks like a good idea to me.
Once I get the plows (x4) and salters (x3) up there I'll post some pics of how it's looking / holding up

couldn’t you have laid the tubes across the roof?
( on top)
I could have yes, but I wanted it to be flat up there to make it easier to put the plows / salters up there. If I put them across I would have had to build a floor on top to get it flat again.

·
Registered
16,065 Posts
Ive stored small items on top of seacans for years, pick up sweeper goes up there, forks, buckets, anything under 1000 lbs really. Just put part on a side rail. Its not flat up there..
If you really think about it the floor is part of the structure, it has to hold the weight that is stored inside or disperse it to the rails when they are being stacked on ships, otherwise you would end up with 9 cans worth of contents in the bottom can.
Maybe flipping it over would make for a strong roof.... Then fill the bottom with dirt to drive on. Concrete if you dont plan on ever moving it again...lol .

Don't do that....

·
Super Moderator
9,585 Posts
Ive stored small items on top of seacans for years, pick up sweeper goes up there, forks, buckets, anything under 1000 lbs really. Just put part on a side rail. Its not flat up there..
If you really think about it the floor is part of the structure, it has to hold the weight that is stored inside or disperse it to the rails when they are being stacked on ships, otherwise you would end up with 9 cans worth of contents in the bottom can.
Maybe flipping it over would make for a strong roof.... Then fill the bottom with dirt to drive on. Concrete if you dont plan on ever moving it again...lol .

Don't do that....
Pretty sure the bottom is just ribbed with tube steel.
Mine has a wood floor up until the where the king pin would go if they didn’t need special trailers

321 - 330 of 330 Posts