your opinion on this

PlowSite.com Addict
Denis, I was just wondering what your decision was on the truck. From what I observed from other replies concerning the Ford TTB front end on F250's, as well as your information about the truck needing a lot of tune-up $$$, it doesn't sound as good as I thought when I first read your post, especially with the 9' blade you were considering. Just curious!

OP

4 Saisons

I gonna i buy it. My welder give me 1000$ off, we'll rebuilt it together at is shop. With all the front work to do, i gonna try to find a f350 straight axle because this is the time or never to do the swap.

About the plow, I'll go with a regular plow (8'fischer) and may be a pull plow at the rear end. 2 Helper and 3 blower (13/45, 12/33 and 1 single stage)

Hydraulics pro wings plow, weight over 1100 pounds so it will be bennifict to rent or sub a skid steer or landscape tractor...and avoid a lot of damage.

about the pro wing i've seen the biggest i had never seem, 3' wings on a 9' Fisher, Not sure he had a ballast in the bed. 15' wide when open, good for big lots, only with light dry snow probably.

I'll bring my camera tommorow i try to carch it..ya still snowing.

So until i work in full time basis and buy a new one truck, in 1year and half, it' gonna be a good truck and i will be able to keep it a long time.

Denis

[Edited by 4 Saisons on 02-19-2001 at 11:38 PM]

PlowSite.com Addict
Sounds OK! One benefit of buying from someone you know who is willing to work with you. Also, your decision on the plow seems sound too - as someone pointed out in another thread, use the truck for plowing and a loader for pushing & stacking! Good luck - do you plan to do any plowing with the truck this season or put the time into it during the spring and have it ready when snow flies next winter?

OP

4 Saisons

Not really need the truck for the rest of the season. I prefer to take the time to tune it before summertime.

Also now i need to find a good used fisher plow, or wait and pay 7500 this fall for a new one.

Denis

PlowSite.com Addict
Good idea!

Denis, I agree with you: Good idea taking the time to get the truck "right" rather than rush things to catch the tail end of this season.