Snow Plowing Forum banner

Your Choice ! ! ! !

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  tojay22 
#1 ·
Hey Guys Starting this week im going to buy 1 light a week between $50 and $200 for 20 weeks just so i can do demo videos for every one the companys ill be buying from are Whelen,Star SVP,Sound Off & Sho-Me. So i want you guys to tell me what i should get first and post the lights you want demos on ! ! ! ! ussmileyflag

#3 ·
Fiafighterdude;738327 said:
Hey Guys Starting this week im going to buy 1 light a week between $50 and $200 for 20 weeks just so i can do demo videos for every one the companys ill be buying from are Whelen,Star SVP,Sound Off & Sho-Me. So i want you guys to tell me what i should get first and post the lights you want demos on ! ! ! ! ussmileyflag
Since you have extra $ to blow... shoot some my way... "I'll Be Your Friend!" :D

Why don't you see if you can get into the light business... Become a rep for Whelen... I'm sure you'd be good at it.

#6 ·
Can one run flashers in the factory marker lights on the roof? It might be cool to have them alternate in a row across the roof, or go from the outside in, or the inside out, you get my drift I am sure.

#7 ·
JDiepstra;738783 said:
Can one run flashers in the factory marker lights on the roof? It might be cool to have them alternate in a row across the roof, or go from the outside in, or the inside out, you get my drift I am sure.
1 Get yourself some led lamps to replace the incandescent one's in the marker lights.
2 Get yourself some kind of led flasher. (sho-me arrow type if you want them to sequence)
3 Pull down your headliner and cut all the positive feeds and rewire them to said led flasher.
Voila....flashing marker lights.
Or buy some cheapo led 194 lamps on E-bay like I did and eventually (since they're garbage) all the lights will start to randomly flash. They have since been replaced with lamps from Autozone and no longer flash.
Don't know if the sho-me flasher has steady burn so you might have a little more work ahead of you if you want them to be steady on too.

#10 ·
strobe

Thanks for the light fiafightdude, Put the faster strobe on my tractor it sees road travel year around and took the strobe form it and added it to my atv, (a pic is in the atv form). Interested in some led strobes lin3 in the future to add to my tractor. Red to the rear for moving it on the highway

#13 ·
I've read so many on line reviews ....:dizzy:

This is what I'd like to read/see;

-Test with a device which measures light output from 10', 100', 1000'
-Have a baseline light which all lights are compared to. For instance; take a 55watt halogen most everyone can figure that out.
-Type of plastics used ie. uv treated, crack resistant
-ease to figure out dimensions
-heat output and once again compare it to a 55wat halogen and the melting point of automotive light lens plastic from 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", 1" away from material
-Indicate an abuse factor. Ie. water submersion, salt spray, vibration, impact

#14 ·
scottL;746433 said:
I've read so many on line reviews ....:dizzy:

This is what I'd like to read/see;

-Test with a device which measures light output from 10', 100', 1000'
-Have a baseline light which all lights are compared to. For instance; take a 55watt halogen most everyone can figure that out.
-Type of plastics used ie. uv treated, crack resistant
-ease to figure out dimensions
-heat output and once again compare it to a 55wat halogen and the melting point of automotive light lens plastic from 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", 1" away from material
-Indicate an abuse factor. Ie. water submersion, salt spray, vibration, impact
But every one needs a good video

#16 ·
JDiepstra;738783 said:
massfirefighter;739031 said:
1 Get yourself some led lamps to replace the incandescent one's in the marker lights.
2 Get yourself some kind of led flasher. (sho-me arrow type if you want them to sequence)
3 Pull down your headliner and cut all the positive feeds and rewire them to said led flasher.
Voila....flashing marker lights.
Or buy some cheapo led 194 lamps on E-bay like I did and eventually (since they're garbage) all the lights will start to randomly flash. They have since been replaced with lamps from Autozone and no longer flash.
Don't know if the sho-me flasher has steady burn so you might have a little more work ahead of you if you want them to be steady on too.
That is an awesome idea!! I don't have markers on any of my trucks roofs, never liked them, but now I kindof wish I did!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.