Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so bare with me. I’m running led amber strobe ( small on grill and back, bigger ones on top.) , led work, and bulbed marker lights for the first time.

My first question is does each ground wire have to run all the way from the light to the switch?

2) how many marker lights can be on one switch?

3) do the synchronizing wires have to stay connected to one another after being synchronized?

· Registered
17,749 Posts
Q1: no, you can ground to chassis

Q2: all of them on one. Use a relay and power the relay by the switch

Q3: no. 12v is only needed to change the patterns, once they are on the same pattern, they will align when power switch is flipped

· Registered
14,949 Posts
Just make sure your led flasher, or lights, flash the positive and not the ground.
Only a smallllllll number flash the ground.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Q3: no. 12v is only needed to change the patterns, once they are on the same pattern, they will align when power switch is flipped
Thank you! The marker lights came with clips that you can put the existing wire in and the tail of the marker wire. Squeeze and it's connected. How reliable are these?

· Registered
14,949 Posts

· Banned
13,098 Posts
Ok, so bare with me. I'm running led amber strobe ( small on grill and back, bigger ones on top.) , led work, and bulbed marker lights for the first time.

My first question is does each ground wire have to run all the way from the light to the switch?

2) how many marker lights can be on one switch?

3) do the synchronizing wires have to stay connected to one another after being synchronized?
It's not a dumb question. You just want to make sure you do it right. These Mechanics or just knowledge members like to help.

· Registered
3,062 Posts
To use scotchlocks, FIRST fill the scotchloch with RTV. Then insert wires. Now the connection is weather sealed. This way scotchlocks work great

Reactions: Too Stroked

· Super Moderator
10,617 Posts

I'm pretty sure the sync wire has to be connected all the time, and the pattern selector gets momentary power.
That's how it is with Whelen anyways...

https://www.whelen.com/install/142/14208.pdf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.