Yet another NSP?

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
Republic Service Group?

Oot of San Diego?

Office Depots.........3 of the 4 are in multi-tenant buildings.........pretty sure they don't know what they're talking aboot.

Anyone hear\here\hier of them?

Check, 4 of 4. They are not standalone stores.

More nosy than anything else, as I highly doubt I'll do more than call or email them back and ask a bunch of questions just to waste their time.

Maclawnco

Banned
Yep, they called my office today asking for a bid (over the phone) for landscape care for of few office depot stores. I told the guy $20 a month and he said surely you're kidding. I said surely you're kidding with your question too and hung up.

OP
Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
I'm kinda bored, so I sent the following email to him\her:

Hi Malik,

Before I go any further with your request, I have a couple questions.

1) Do you actually have the contract for maintenance for Office Depot or are you just gathering prices?
2) Assuming you have the contract for the landscape and snow management, do you have specific information about all these sites? The reason I ask this, is because none of the 4 locations you have asked me to provide pricing for are standalone Office Depot stores. They are all multitenant locations similar to strip malls. The owners of the malls\buildings are the ones who contract for landscape and snow management.
3) Do you have specifications as well as your terms and conditions?

If you could please advise further, I would appreciate it.

Mark Oomkes
Oomkes Landscape Management

His\her response:

Hello Mark,

I’m gathering prices for our 2016 budget.

Best Regards,

Me:

Malik,

Respectfully, you didn’t answer any of my questions.

Mark

If it was snowing or doing anything, I wouldn't bother. But what's a few minutes of time and some monitor ink. lol

Ho yeah, they also have contracts for Kmart (didn't know they were still around), Sears and Pizza Huts.

scottL

PlowSite.com Addict
Mark,

Is that you typing? Your usually spot on with the english and not exactly pc. ( aboot -> about. hear\here\hier -> hear, his/her/it ) Blink once for help.

Just asking them for a bidders package. If they do not have this or know what it is then they can not be representing these stores in any meaningful way. But having fun with the national guys is right up there with hammering on a blind call trying to sell you medical pills from Canada :nod:

OP
Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
scottL;2079586 said:
Mark,

Is that you typing? Your usually spot on with the english and not exactly pc. ( aboot -> about. hear\here\hier -> hear, his/her/it ) Blink once for help.

Just asking them for a bidders package. If they do not have this or know what it is then they can not be representing these stores in any meaningful way. But having fun with the national guys is right up there with hammering on a blind call trying to sell you medical pills from Canada :nod:

I have turned over a new leaf after some counseling from MJD. I am being polite now. (geez, that was hard to type)

Malik never got back to me. Thumbs Up

scottL

PlowSite.com Addict
Mark Oomkes;2079621 said:
I have turned over a new leaf after some counseling from MJD. I am being polite now. (geez, that was hard to type)

Malik never got back to me. Thumbs Up

:D ( Don't become PC, too much of that on TV )

32vld

Showing signs of being PC means that one is giving up on getting the Republican presidential nomination.

He's going rouge, aka Hillary supporter.

snowbrothers101;2078918 said:
Isn't Republic Service Group the massive waste management company? Competitors of Oakleaf and Waste Management? They had revenue of $78 billion last year.

Oakleaf has a lot of apartment buildings here and partnered with klinger construction!

John_DeereGreen

PlowSite Fanatic
I know at least for Ohio, Tegrete has Kmarts. We got the shaft on the one we've had for 3 seasons with only one complaint total for 3 seasons.

I wouldn't piss on Tegrete's HQ if they were on fire.

Top Forums