Snow Plowing Forum banner

yes or no for plow feet?

3K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  Matt 
#1 ·
Do you leave plow feet on or take them off? The only application where these make sense to me is on gravel.Whats up with those thangs?

#6 ·
Plow shoes are a joke! They don't help on gravel unless it is frozen and if it IS then you don't need shoes. I never figured the shoes were there to support the plow anyhow but to help cut down on wear on the cutting edge.

#11 ·
A tip o' the hat to finnegan. Great Idea !!!

Who'd a thunk it!!! I tossed my shoes a long time ago, but I wish I had thought of the wheels.

Keep of the good work finnegan.

#18 ·
I use them for door stops and wheel chocks.I think they would make a good anchor for a small boat too.If you have a Fisher plow,and trip the edge real hard,the bottom of the shoes will dent the backside of the moldboard big time,they will put a dent in them about 2-3" deep,just one more reason to take them off,especially if you have Fishers like I do.

#21 ·
SCL, put a urethane edge from Dino on your plow and you can use your plow shoes as a door stop too. We have them on both of our fisher v's and are very happy with them so far. They pretty much skim right over the srface and the hard trips have disappeared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.