Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my used 2008 9.5 XV today and on the way home I noticed it was slowly creeping down from the full up position. It happens more frequently when I drive over bumps in the roadway. I have no good idea what could be causing this. The ram and cylinder is not leaking. No other leaks found too.This is my first new style XV, a far cry from my MM1 Extreme V.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Your new plow you call an XV is also called Extreme V. Your old MM1 V was called an EZ-V.

Easy fix. Depending on where you live on the time vs $ continuum, you can pull the S3 valve and attempt to manually cycle it and clean it out which works maybe 25% of the time, or just R&R with a new one for roughly $50 give or take.

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks JFon for the help. While searching for the location of the S3 valve, I found the maitanence manual for the Extreme V on the Fisher website. Sorry I used the wrong nomenclature describing the 2 V plows. It was a long day and even a longer drive to get the plow truck back home.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
No worries. Good to see you were able to find the mechanics guide, lots of good information in there. I tend to see that problem a lot more with straight blades but it should be an easy fix for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.