Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Hoping someone can help. I have a brand new xls 8 to 11 plow. The passenger wing stopped going into full scoop mode after about 6 hours of use. Upon inspection the stop bolt head is severely bent outward (in a direction towards the plow wing). It seems like the hydraulics pushed the bolt over and bent the steel instead of allowing the wing to pivot.....I tried searching but couldn't find any info to anyone having the same problem. Any ideas on what is causing this? The bolt is in a pretty protected area and the direction of the bent pivot bolt is telling me the hyrdraulics are in play here but would be interested in what others think. Pretty frustrating to say the least..... Thanks in advance for any help.....

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
Maybe the bolt was just loose

·
Registered
14,379 Posts

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
I'm betting the wing is sliding right over the top of the allen head.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm betting the wing is sliding right over the top of the allen head.
It is now......I am trying to figure out how this happened.......I'm assuming Fisher is going to try and put the blame on the operator, I just don't see how it could be. It would take quite a lot of force to bend that steel....

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I guess that’s possible but just haven’t seen it. Yes there is a lot I haven’t seen

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
. Take it back to the dealer and fix it.
I'll second this - if its new, give the dealer a chance to take care of it before screwing around with it yourself. Once you touch it, everything gets a lot more complicated for everyone involved if you decide you need to bring it in anyway after that

·
Registered
13,708 Posts
I have never worked on one, but suppose that wing was extended, and in the scoop mode, and got smacked hard, like backing up into something?
That would definitely try to pry the wing out of that pocket. I would look at the back side of the wing for scratches or some sort evidence of that happening. If so that would be operator error.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking closer at the design, A frozen/stuck or bent wing pivot pin could possibly do this also.
Upon further inspection It happened to both sides. With less than 6 hours on it, it has to be some sort of hydraulic issue extending rams out too far or an issue with pressure relief. It takes a massive amount of force to push over those bolts....

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Upon further inspection It happened to both sides. With less than 6 hours on it, it has to be some sort of hydraulic issue extending rams out too far or an issue with pressure relief. It takes a massive amount of force to push over those bolts....
Well,the way I see it, looking at the diagrams, the "box" extends the wings. The bolts are stops. When the stops are hit by the box, the ram keeps coming out, which forces the wings to pivot forward. I would say you have pivot pin problems, or some of the plow sections are not properly made. I would get it to a dealer,soon.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Curious to know what dealer says

Reactions: Kvston
1 - 20 of 23 Posts