Xls or 9.2 dxt

seville009

PlowSite.com Addict
Your probably going to get mixed answers , everyone has a preference. When you start doing medium size lots with more wind rowing the V Plow will be in straight mode the whole time and you will be wishing you got the expandable Plow . You could also look at the 86-11 XLS

a V plow with wings either in straight or slight scoop mode will move snow with little spill off.

chachi1984

You are correct but I have an 8ft straight with boss wings it moves a lot of snow, the same or maybe a bit more than the wideout . But with wind rowing the snow doesn’t fly off the inside wing as far or smooth as my wideout ,

seville009

PlowSite.com Addict
You are correct but I have an 8ft straight with boss wings it moves a lot of snow, the same or maybe a bit more than the wideout . But with wind rowing the snow doesn’t fly off the inside wing as far or smooth as my wideout ,
True.....when we get heavy wet snow, I take the wings off if I want to windrow otherwise i end up with “boulders” of wet snow coming off the edge.

rizzoa13

I'll be different (yeah, I know).

Yes, I do like the DXT's, I now have 2. The reason being DD doesn't make anything I thought would stand up to the weight of a 550/5500. I wasn't willing to be a beta tester for their new 10' 6" V plows.

Having said that, for commercial lots I would go XLS all the way. There is nothing more efficient than an expanding plow for plowing parking lots. Except a loader.

Never saw this thread before today. Not sure if you already made up your mind. But, dealer support is very important. Distance to dealer is as well. The Boss would be a good second choice.
I’ve got 2 years on a western 9.6 MVP3 with the wings attached behind a Chevy 7500. Haven’t had any issues with damaging it in any way. Solid built plow for sure.

rizzoa13

Gotcha makes sense. The 9’6” + wings is a good option then if you need the bigger plow. The 10’6 doesn’t have wing pockets and I find the wings are more useful than the extra foot would be anyway.

OP
M

Mr Perfect

I'll be different (yeah, I know).

Yes, I do like the DXT's, I now have 2. The reason being DD doesn't make anything I thought would stand up to the weight of a 550/5500. I wasn't willing to be a beta tester for their new 10' 6" V plows.

Having said that, for commercial lots I would go XLS all the way. There is nothing more efficient than an expanding plow for plowing parking lots. Except a loader.

Never saw this thread before today. Not sure if you already made up your mind. But, dealer support is very important. Distance to dealer is as well. The Boss would be a good second choice.
The dealer location and support hands down favors boss in my situation. Until I took everyone's info into account, I had my mind made up on the ss xls. But when I weighed out everyone's informative points, it seemed like the poly dxt was the way to go. Definitely leaning boss unless someone can convince me that I'd be better of growing my business with the xls. It seems you can't go wrong with either. Just very few fisher dealers in my area(only two), where the boss dealer is very close and has great reputation.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
The dealer location and support hands down favors boss in my situation. Until I took everyone's info into account, I had my mind made up on the ss xls. But when I weighed out everyone's informative points, it seemed like the poly dxt was the way to go. Definitely leaning boss unless someone can convince me that I'd be better of growing my business with the xls. It seems you can't go wrong with either. Just very few fisher dealers in my area(only two), where the boss dealer is very close and has great reputation.
The v plow is more versatile.
Chad, the boss dealer is a great guy. Lots of experience plowing and servicing plows.

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
The v plow is more versatile.
Chad, the boss dealer is a great guy. Lots of experience plowing and servicing plows.
Yes it can be a V whereas an expanding plow can't be, but in all reality how often is a V needed in Milwaukee?

When we bought our first Blizzard, it cut 30% time off accounts. Same accounts being plowed by a 9'6" V previously.

No screwing around with taking wings off or putting them on.

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
Yes it can be a V whereas an expanding plow can't be, but in all reality how often is a V needed in Milwaukee?

When we bought our first Blizzard, it cut 30% time off accounts. Same accounts being plowed by a 9'6" V previously.

No screwing around with taking wings off or putting them on.
The v goes both ways.

ServiceOnSite

Ive been a Boss guy for a long time. Everyone here gave you great advice, mine always starts with dealer support, and end with price. A Boss v 8'2'' with wings is a good plow that will hold its own. As most have mentioned bigger commercial youll want to grow into a wider plow like a EXT or a XLS. Dont worry about making a little noise with wings dragging on approaches into parking lots. Good luck man.