First of all thanks to all of you who answered the call with my starter problem. I got it going today! Kind of embarrassed though to tell you what it was. Would you believe I used the wrong dang terminal on the solenoid? After all that knucklebreaking in the cold weather outside on the side of the street! I went out there today, disconnected the plow, actually pushed the truck by hand, back from the plow(by the way I have a Truckmaster dump kit on this baby, with a load of concrete blocks for weight). Then began pushing it down the road, when along came a stranger and the Mailman who lent a neighborly hand. I popped the clutch, got it started, hooked the plow back up, so that I could put it on blocks, then the plan was to go to a garage and have it looked at. Well, I stalled it, in a place where I wasn't getting out without a tow, so I decided to give it one last look. I took out the brand new starter right there, and decided to check it directly to the battery. The starter moter spun like a champ, but the solenoid still wouldn't engage. Then I realized that there were two small terminals on the solenoid, besides the battery cable, and only one small wire to the switch. DUH!!!! One terminal had tape on it so I didn't use it when I installed it that day. Guess what, that was the one that I was supposed to use!! When I tested it to the battery, the solenoid kicked in. I popped the starter back in, hit the key, and Zing VROOM ! I'm back in buisiness! Now not only do I have a brand new starter, but a new ignition switch too. Oh well, that's how things go when you do mechanical work on the wet cold ground with frozen fingers. Now I'm going to tackle the overheating problem that started this whole mess in the first place. Thanks again. Great page, great bunch of guys! Mike B.