Woolwax upgraded version of Fluid Film ?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by OnTheFarm, Dec 21, 2018.

1. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

Anybody tried this Woolwax yet ? Seems to be a heavier industrial quality Fluid Film. It's getting popular real fast in Canada East. They say it's thicker and has no smell. Looks like it's another Fluid Film product.

https://www.facebook.com/woolwax/

2. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

I bought some and will be trying it this winter instead of the usual FF. I can still see a slight sheen under my Jeep LJ from last December’s application of FF, despite a dozen powerwashings using soap since then.

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite Veteran

im going to give carwell a shot!! similar to Krown....same chemical background, im told its from canada

4. 512high

512high Senior Member

cosmoline RP-342..............

leolkfrm and sixty4 like this.
  5. sixty4

sixty4 Senior Member
    from CT

I agree with the cosmoline. I used to do my old chevy with this. For a time I had a hard time finding it.

512high likes this.
  6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 PlowSite Veteran

I dont have a compressor what kind do i need for the spray gun i like this black color

7. leolkfrm

but isn't cosmoline RP-342 more of a rust preventer?? not supposed to creep into the rust and acts as a topcoat....
    so far im finding the carwell is keeping further rust at bay, will be able to judge more at the end of salt season, however it seems to be working well on the normal western rust spots

8. 512high

512high Senior Member

Well I have a lot of old trucks, here is what I know and don't. I have trucks I purchased brand new, and at that time applied undercoat, MISTAKE, as we know over time, bubbles, flakes off depending on how thick applied. This will be my first year with cosmoline rp-342 I won't have any comment till late spring.

You can apply on 'rust', do your best to wire brush as much off as possible, apply thin coat, if using spray cans , shake the hell out of them! Apply temps above 55F, you definitely can see water beed off when washing undercarriage etc. Will it work? I don't know, so far so good.

9. leolkfrm

so i guess in the spring we will be posting the results of products we used!
    last oil i used was rust stop, prob 10 years ago, was not pleased with the results so never did it again,

10. sixty4

sixty4 Senior Member
    from CT

Doing my 2018 silverado in the morning with the cosmoline. Did an underbody wash 2days before xmas. Put it in my heated garage and used the air gun off my compressor to make sure it's completely dry. Will be using the oldest set of work clothes I can find. At least it will be almost 50 degrees for this.

512high likes this.
  11. 512high

512high Senior Member

Funny, a lot of people cannot stand the smell..... I actually like it! doesn't bother me at all, same with fluid film, enjoy!

sixty4 likes this.
  12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 PlowSite Veteran

any one know what kind of compressor you should get or the spray gun

13. sixty4

sixty4 Senior Member
    from CT

You don't need one. It comes in a spray can with a straw. The cosmoline. You can buy a 12 pack for 130 on ebay.

512high likes this.
  14. 512high

512high Senior Member

They sell it by the gallon as well, I used sprays cans so I could go at my own pace, go back touch up areas, etc. If you go to cosmoline website, pretty good information and their customer service is great if you have questions etc.

15. sixty4

sixty4 Senior Member
    from CT

512high, just curious why didn't you do NH oil with the wax and oil spray. Is there nobody near you?

16. 512high

512high Senior Member

I am a hands on person, my shop is heated etc, I like to do a lot of stuff myself, when things get over my head, I send it out. Regarding NH Oil, they are about 40 miles away from our shop, I decided to try cosmoline, the only thing my shop is missing is a garage lift(if I had that, lol probably would never go home!)

So I will see how this goes, granted our shop a floor drains, so after a storm, trucks come in melt away, then we wash, we use an old hand held undercarriage wand for getting the underneath flushed best as possible, but will see how it plays out!

17. leolkfrm

1 common factor that most suggest is not to use high pressure hot water to wash, as it will take most oils off quicker than cold?????

512high likes this.
  18. sixty4

sixty4 Senior Member
    from CT

Did my truck today. Not nearly as bad as film fluid (less mess). I used 4 cans total, just going to double check tommorow for any spots I may of missed. I sprayed every spot I could get into with this stuff, except up into the doors.That I will hit with wool wax.

512high likes this.
  19. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Fluid film has Joy for customer support. Wool wax has Igor. Who would you rather have under the truck with you

20. Hydromaster

Hydromaster 2000 Club Member
    from 406

Igor, He’s probably not afraid to get dirty & he’s probably been tossed under a couple trucks in his day

fireball, 512high and leolkfrm like this.