Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

FNG here, and I have a quick question

I just installed a new Western wiring harness in my 2005 GMC 2500HD Ext Cab for a Western 8.5ft straight blade.

Everything installed (& working properly) with the exception of the (4) wires for the turn signals (2), park (1) & DRL (1)

I have (and use) a multimeter - when connecting to the OEM truck lights, should I see 12v at the wires I need to splice to when the plow wires? I ask because I have been reading that GM switched between Pos & Neg ground, depending on the year

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
18,088 Posts
Hello Everyone

FNG here, and I have a quick question

I just installed a new Western wiring harness in my 2005 GMC 2500HD Ext Cab for a Western 8.5ft straight blade.

Everything installed (& working properly) with the exception of the (4) wires for the turn signals (2), park (1) & DRL (1)

I have (and use) a multimeter - when connecting to the OEM truck lights, should I see 12v at the wires I need to splice to when the plow wires? I ask because I have been reading that GM switched between Pos & Neg ground, depending on the year

Thanks in advance!
Positive and negative common is referring to the headlights headlights.

All 4 of those need to be connected to 12v+

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.