• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Winter wiper blades

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
I have never used these things for one reason or another. Do they work well? I'm really sick of the ice building up on them. Anyone tried these things???

flakesmeangreen

yeah i use 'em and they work...better than the regular ones. the rubber boot helps keep the ice and snow out. for the small amount of cash get 'em...and if you're real good you'll store your "3 season blades" and put them back on in the spring!

PlowSite.com Addict
The "winter wiper blades" with the rubber boot on them have always worked OK for me, I just leave 'em on all year round. Never know, it MIGHT snow in July one of these years........... :D

66Construction

I love em. They're a must have in the snow, but I've found it best to get rid of them come spring, they wear out and dont quite get the rain off the windshield.
Casey

thelawnguy

PlowSite.com Addict
Good for snow, but useless over 40mph due to wind lift as they dont have the air dam like the oem, so if I need to travel Ill swap back the regular ones.

CT18fireman

Banned
Lawnguy on my 4runner and the wifes pathfinder I put airdams off of wrecked Audi's onto the wiper arms. Works very well up to about 70mph with the winter blades.

TRINITY

Yes, they work well enough to make buying them worth it. I do not use them in the summer because the sun eventually dries out the rubber and they tear.

TLS

PlowSite.com Addict
They are made of a softer compound and are a thicker contact patch with the windshield. They do drag the wiper motor more, but the snow-clogged freeze ups are a thing of the past. Come April, its back to NEW regular blades. I will be putting a NEW set of winter ANCO's on in about a week or so. Wipers are too cheap to mess with storing or saving. Safety is my main concern.

CT18fireman

Banned
I will be changing all the trucks within the next week or so. The dust that gets on windshield during cleanups makes me wit to change them until after we are done.

nsmilligan

PlowSite.com Veteran
Here's a tip that works really well for me, winter wiper blades or not,
Go to your local auto parts store and buy a can of DRY SILICONE spray, then either remove the blades from the truck (recommended if its cold or wet out), or prop them up off the windshield make sure they are dry, and give them a good coating of the spray and allow to dry for a few minutes.
This really helps in keeping snow and ice from building up on the blades.
A treatment will usually last 3-4 storms.

Bill
PS This was mentioned in a previous post, but a good coating of Rain X or similar product, on the windshield, mirrors, and headlights, works wonders on keeeping snow and ice from building up while plowing

OP
SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71

PlowSite.com Addict
Isn't there some product out there that is supposed to be better than Rain-X??? I thought I saw a commercial a while back for something, but I for got what it was. I've tried Rain-X, and it seems to work well in heavy rain, but light rain seems to make it more difficult to see. Has anyone had good experiences with Rain-X or something similar in the snow?