Winter weather advisory!

plowjockey

PlowSite.com Sponsor
I was looking at weatherbug and lo and behold there was a winter weather advisory out in Boulder Colorado.
This is the first one that I've seen this year and it tells me that there is hope. LOL

Really, it just felt good to see those words on the screen again.

Here's hoping that we all have a good and safe plowing season this coming winter. :cool:

Bruce

BRIMOW525

snow

Please snow alot this year.... Please snow alot this year.... I don't want anything else for christmas.. but snow!! I don't know about anyone else but I would like to have alot of 4-6 inchers instead of 1 or 2 12-18 inchers. BUT ...I have to take what I get. Even if I keep the reciept! lol

ReliableRemoval

Hello fellow snowplowers.

I have been plowing up here in the Pocono Mountains Pennsylvania since 1990. Every year we have had higher than normal snowfalls. 1993 broke a 100 yr. old snowfall record . Then 1994 through 1996 another record seasons sending accumulations records through the roof. The lakeside homes are the most difficult to do and I charge more. They get more snow and I have to charge accordingly. The snow and ice mgt. assoc. in Canada revised their rating system to 750 dollars from 350 dollars on a 10 x 100 driveway lake side. I plow after every storm. Use a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 HD intercoolers on tranny and motor with Hemi-Gas Short Bed with Air lift and a Western 7 -1/2 ft. plow Western cinder spread. Diesal are fine for hauling but lacks the compression capability compared to gas for pushing snow. Recently I bid for a contract on a residential 410 ft by 12 ft driveway. They want it plowed every 4 inches within a 24 hr. period. We do high risk work where others will not. They live on a steep incline about 35 degree pitch. I contact S>I>M>A> Snow ice mgt assoc. they suggested I charge 5,125 dollars for the entire season 11/1/04 to 4/30/05. includes cinder spreading and garage door entrance cleaning. Good luck my fellow snowplowers. Remember to be safe and LET IT SNOW!

Diesal are fine for hauling but lacks the compression capability compared to gas for pushing snow.

Not to sound like L'il John here but.....WHAT!!! Just FYI, Diesel engines run about 19:1 compression ratios where gassers are about 8 or 9 :1. Not runnin' you down I just wanted to clear the air. Welcome to plowsite also.

lawnmedic

Use a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 HD intercoolers on tranny and motor with Hemi-Gas Short Bed with Air lift and a Western 7 -1/2 ft. plow Western cinder spread.
Is the tranny and motor turbocharged? An intercooler is a air to air radiator that cools the intake air after the turbo.

Gas better than diesel? Pushing a heavy load(snow), is no different than pulling a heavy load. Torque is what gets the work done!!!!

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
grotecguy said:
I find it comical that the original thread was started 3 years ago. Has been happening a lot lately.
Just an observation,
Mark K
I've been noticing that, too. Not any one person, either.

But gas out-push diesel?? I have both. The diesel will push loads much easier than the gasser and as a result use way less fuel.

I'd be curious to learn if you win that bid.

Last edited: