Snow Plowing Forum banner

Wing Angles - Factory Extension 30º vs Pro Wings 22º

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  FordFisherman 
#1 ·
Have a BOSS Standard Duty plow and would like to put wings on it to speed things up. The price difference and mounting style are big factors in consideration. However, the BOSS extensions are angled at 30 degrees while the Pro Wings are 22 degrees.

I'm guessing the difference is negligible for the handful of residentials I do, but at a church lot I do a lot of windrowing. Will the 30 degree angle of the trailing edge with BOSS extension cause problems with the snow sliding off the plow when windrowing? And if so, is it noticeably more than the 22 degree of the Pro Wings?

#2 ·
I use the boss wings. there build very well.
they can carry a little snow when windowing slowly.
but speeding up a little seems to cure it. they send the snow up and over well when you adjust your speed a little.

#4 ·
i do mostly large lots with long passes, i have the boss wings on my arctic 8ft poly, the trailing wing does make much of a difference.
The wings make such a difference i don't think I could plow with a straight blade anymore

the wings come off really easy, the are abit big and heavy so during a storm i leave them on in the city.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.