wind whistle on '02 2500HD

Joel B.

I just noticed the most annoying noise from my truck. The noise is a high pitched "whistle" or "whine" that starts about 35 mph and increases as you go faster. I was driving today into a wind and every time the wind gusted, the noise got louder.

I have been hearing a "creaking" from the pasenger side when traveling at highway speeds also. Could my windshield be loose?

Thank you for any advice,

Joel B.

Ohiosnow

Joel

I know of many other Chevy's that they found loose weather stripping on the front windshield that made wind whistle.;) I would check that first. Dealer will reseal it for you for free as they know that their has been some problems.

Columbia Turf

OHIO SNOW hit thenail on the head. ame thing happene to mine whn it was new. Dealer took care of it right away! 2001 2500hd DURAMAX/ALLISON

39,000 miles and still loving it

BigDave12768

PlowSite.com Addict
Joel B.;50222 said:
I just noticed the most annoying noise from my truck. The noise is a high pitched "whistle" or "whine" that starts about 35 mph and increases as you go faster. I was driving today into a wind and every time the wind gusted, the noise got louder.

I have been hearing a "creaking" from the pasenger side when traveling at highway speeds also. Could my windshield be loose?

Joel B.

Turbo whine maybe?

Kollerman

whistle

Joel B.;50222 said:

Joel B.

This is definitely the windshield seal. I and 4 of my other friends who have Chevy's all had to take our trucks in to the dealership to get it fixed. Not sure what causes it, but all of us went to 4 different Chevy dealers and all of them said "This is just something that happens on all of the Chevy trucks. We probably have 10-15 trucks at least that come in here each month with this same problem."

mayhem

PlowSite.com Addict
My 00 Silverado 2500 does this and its not the windshield. My door weatherstipping is loose on both side and I get a significant whistle when on the highway...just pushing the seal upfixes it. I really ought to crimp it down so its fixed permanently.

Top Forums