• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

Winch Cable Breaking

MetcalfeEnterprises

So to follow up with everybody else I vote strap. I have been plowing with my wheeler heavily for 6 or 7 years now. I used to do residential driveways with it. The first thing I did was pull the 100' of cable off and store it for the winter, I had a torn 2" ratchet strap. The section is probably six feet long, I tape it to the winch drum and winch it up. Not once have I had an issue with it. On the plow end I had originally sewed a loop over a shackle but the thread I used didn't hold up. I tied a knot around the loop end of the shackle and it has stayed like that ever since I like to pull the bottom roller on the fairlead and grease it up every fall too but that gets neglected now and then.

russbundy

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm going to try eliminating the pulley and rig a way to attach my strap directly to where the pulley is currently located