Why pusher boxes compared to plows?

emmett518

I'm new to all of this, but have noticed that a lot of snow operators are using pusher boxes compared to plows.

Wondering when you choose a plow, and when a pusher box? Doesn't the pusher box fill up with snow like a plow, and spill it off the edges as well?

Thanks for sharing insight.

BossPlow2010

PlowSite Fanatic
I'm new to all of this, but have noticed that a lot of snow operators are using pusher boxes compared to plows.

Wondering when you choose a plow, and when a pusher box? Doesn't the pusher box fill up with snow like a plow, and spill it off the edges as well?

More snow can be carried in a pusher box, and they’re often wider. Snow can be stacked way higher, employees or subs can just
Drive to the site in their own vehicle, they’re plenty of companies using loaders from the 70/80/90s that are still utilized on commercial sites, not too many trucks that are capable of doing that.
Overall they’re more efficient and can make you more per hour, in most areas, you can drive them
Down the road to adjacent sites or sites near by.

LapeerLandscape

PlowSite Fanatic

It totally depends on what your plowing, driveway, small parking lots or large lots.

Top Forums