• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

why no lights?

MATTHEW

I have no brake lights at all! The fuse is good, the bulbs are good. The wires look good. Why do I have parking lights but no tail lights (or trailer lights)?

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
The switch is up under the dash, mounted right on the brake pedal. It's a "pin switch". You can try unplugging it, and jumping the connectors. If the lights work, the switch is your problem.
There is also a ground for each tail light behind each tail light housing. I have yet to find any that are not rusty, and in need of being cleaned up, or having new terminals put on. Don't be shocked by how much rust is behind the light housings.

~Chuck

Alan

PlowSite.com Addict
Originally posted by MATTHEW
I have no brake lights at all! The fuse is good, the bulbs are good. The wires look good. Why do I have parking lights but no tail lights (or trailer lights)?
I need a bit of clarification here. When you say you have parking lights I too that to mean that the taillight filaments were working, as they come on with the parking lights. But then you say you have NO taillights. Do you mean no tail lights or no brake lights? If you have taillights but no brake lights that would rule out bad grounds on on the taillight assemblies. If you have no rear lights at all then the grounds are definately a possibility.

OP
M

MATTHEW

Yes on the tail lights. No on the brake lights. Now I did make one mistake when checking the fuses. I checked the one marked "brake" and not the one marked "stop" Sure enough, the fuse was popped. I changed it-still no brake lights. Grounds look good. I'm stumped. Hate to take it to a dealer. I just know it is something very simple. I'll just drive the Ford until I get it right. Thanx.

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Something you might want to check, is how the trailer plug is wired in. If it was wired in using those "quick splice" connectors, it's possible that there is a break in the wire. Those quick splice connectors cut the wire insulation, and often the wire as well. Especially if the trailer plug gets tugged on a lot.

If the trailer plug is installed using a T connector, unplug it, and check for corrosion.

~Chuck

plowking35

2000 Club Member
I had the same problem myself, it was the master fuse under the hood. Check the fuse block near the master cylinder, open the top, and look for the fuses about 1" wide.
Dino

OP
M

MATTHEW

lights!

Well I guess we can finally close this thread. The problem was that 1" long fuse in the box. I even looked past it when I replaced the brake relay(which was a waste) I found the fuse was burnt out,replaced it, and voila-brakes! Thanks, guys.

plowking35

2000 Club Member
The only reason I knew what it might be was the fact that it happened to me, and I had it fixed under warranty. LOL At least they were able to fix that problem in one trip, with everything else it takes at least 3 trips to the dealer to get it right.
Dino

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
If I am not mistaken, one of those large fuses controls the actuator for the front axle, when you shift into 4wd. My buddy had a 93 1500 series, that liked blowing that fuse when he was out plowing.

~Chuck

OP
M

MATTHEW

Yeah- I thought that was for the ABS or something.
By the way, what does LOL stand for. I've been up nights trying to figure it out.:confused: