1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which would you choose

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowplower1, Sep 10, 2014.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I am planning to buy a new truck to put a 9'2 boss v dxt and 2 yard salter and was planning to just buy a 2014 ford f-350 xl with a supercab which will typically go for about $41,000 but today i was looking at the trucks and found a 2011 ford f-350 xl with 18,000 miles on it for $28,000. My only issue is i really wanted the supercab to at least be able to put one or 2 people back there but i guess it can be looked past but my question is, what would you choose?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Buy what you need, if not you'll never be happy.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This.......

4. snowplower1

agreed but honestly we've always had regular cabs so i was just thinking it would be nice but that is the only difference. I dont really need to cab so its not like i would let that be a deciding factor.

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Gas or diesel
    I bought a 2015 6.2 F350XL Chassis Super cab for 34k

Shop around you might find a better deal on new

6. snowplower1

Gas. And I will definitely have to look at new then if you found one for that price. Although how much more would it cost having the bed because I want the bed in it

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well you could put a cheap flat bed on it The company I am buying my Dump bed there cheapest bed was 2700 mounted

8. snowplower1

Yeah I want the regular bed in it but I'd love to buy a dump bed to eventually