Which snowblower to use

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jake's Lawn and Snow, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Hey all,
    I have only ever used Toro Powerclear snowblowers at every business I've worked at. Now that I want my own business, I know I want to stick with Toro, and want to know what you use for snowblowers.

I've been looking at the 518 zr because its only 54 lbs, easy to load into and unload from a truck bed. A local small engine mechanic suggested the 3650 for commercial use.

I'm looking for other options, or opinions on the 2 previously stated snowblowers.

Anyone know how heavy the 3650 is?
    Difference between the 518 and 3650?
    Other options for commercial use?

Thank you.

2. ZL1

ZL1 Member

If you're looking for the best, don't mess around. Get the 821rc.

3. OP
    OP
    Jake's Lawn and Snow

Jake's Lawn and Snow Member

That's 91 lbs. I can lift it but damn that's heavy. Especially putting it into the back of a truck. If I get something that heavy, I may just get a trailer.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

4. SilverPine

SilverPine Senior Member

A trailer for a single stage blower..? My side walk crew carries bother single and two stage blowers. The 721 can easily be lifted by one person. We have folding ramps for the bigger blower but the guys always just lift it of together.

5. OP
    OP
    Jake's Lawn and Snow

Jake's Lawn and Snow Member

I may be a one man operation to start next winter. Depends on how many accounts I get or if I subcontract for sidewalks. So lifting it on my own may be a problem. Ramps sound like a good idea too.

6. ZL1

ZL1 Member

Wow. If 91 pounds is too much for you install a hitch mounted deck. I've always thought it was stupid to drive around with a trailer in a snowstorm.

dieselss and jonniesmooth like this.
  7. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

Jake's Lawn and Snow likes this.
  8. starspangled6.0

starspangled6.0 Senior Member

+1 on the 821rc model. Best single stage on the market. Only issue I have is the factory metal cutting edges suck... I swap them out with the old plastic ones from the previous gen 721rc blowers. For some reason the plastic edges hold up a lot longer.