Which plow oil?

Pelican

2000 Club Member
Well I got my new Blizzard but haven't put the oil in it yet. (Watch for my Blizzard post) The manual says to use their oil (surprise) but I was wondering what the rest of you use. I've had underhood pumps for the past 6 years and have always used ATF with no problems. The Central Parts catalog has a notice that today's pumps need special plow oil, I was wondering if this is true or is it a marketing ploy? The plow oil is 4 times the cost of ATF. The coldest I've seen while plowing is 10 degrees here in N.Y.

cat320

2000 Club Member
well the out front electric pumps take that blue or more expensive iold rated for -40/50 below do not use atf only good for the under hood models.

DaveK

well the out front electric pumps take that blue or more expensive iold rated for -40/50 below
Most people never see 40/50 below.

Western (an out front electric model) says "Automatic transmission fluid (ATF) DEXRON®III to -10° F (-23° C)"

Blizzards website doesn't give any information concerning fluid type.

Better make sure you don't void the warranty by using something they don't recommend. LOL

CT18fireman

Banned
Western/Fisher pumps I use ATF. Meyer pumps I have seen ATF turn to a black goo. I use quick lift fluid from my dealer. It is a clear hydro fuid that mixes with the Meyer blue. I haven't had any problems with it on cold days. Of course it does not get to -20 or lower here very often.

Top Forums