Snow Plowing Forum banner

which hubs do I need?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  country_boy 
#1 ·
I just bought a 99 f350 dump and was checking it over. I turned the drivers side hub and the turn knob popped off. I think it is time for some new ones. My question is what part number do I need for this. I went to warn's website it stated 11690? but in the notes it said not for dually setups???????:confused: Can some one help me out with what I exactly need from warn or any other manufacture?
Mine are the free or locked style. No auto locking bullcrap! Been there, done that!:realmad:

#2 ·
Hey Jim -

If you have an advanced auto down by you they should stock them or be able to get them quickly. I just replaced them on my excursion. They had the standard warn replacement set for the $169 range and heavy duty ones (all steel inner componants) for around $250.00. I ended up paying $239 for one OEM auto hub since my wife drives the truck at times but thats what I found when I called around. Not sure on the part numbers but the guy at advance just looked it up based on year and model anyway.

#3 ·
My problem is that all the ones I see say not for duallies. Why it matters I do not know?? It has manual hubs now and the shifter in on the floor. My old 250 had the auto ones like yours. They died, but worked again after replacing the big seal on the back of the hub.
Thanks for the tip!!

#4 ·
Drottlawn , if you still need a set of hubs send me a pm . I bought a set (11690) for one of my trucks and the truck was totalled before I had a chance to install them. I can definetly save you a few bucks and make more room in my garage for more stuff I dont really need .xysport.

#5 ·
I just know if those will fit or not. any one know if I need a conversion kit or something.

#7 ·
Hasn't anyone done this to their dually? If so, what hubs did you use???? I need to get this figured out soon. I keep coming up with nothing, except single rear wheel applications.:realmad:

#8 ·
???????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.