Where to mount plow controller on 18 silverado, suggestions needed

sixty4

Curios how others mounted there plow controller on the left side of the wheel? Coming off my old fisher that had the box mounted on the left. Last year was a bit awkward to not have in the same spot. I currently have the boss smart touch 2 handheld. I bought the stand and the boss clips but not that thrilled. Thanks....

Chris33

Mine is a hand held controller.....

I always hold the controller in my left hand, that way my right is free to shift and steer if needed. I have a 2017 Superduty and hang my western controller from a S-hook that is attached to the grab handle on the windshield pillar. I can lift it off and on the hook in a split second to operate or just hang on to it.

Philbilly2

PlowSite Fanatic
I have one of these flexible mounts.

flex-arm.jpg

Mine is on the right side, magnet holds to the seat rails and is then wedged between the seats. But that being said, I use a joystick controller as a handheld is never in the same spot twice. Muscle memory comes into play and the joystick is in the same spot every time.

Thrifty Garage

I had a SnowEx handheld controller in my '18 Silverado 3500HD. I always operated the plow with my right hand. I use my left hand for steering and cross over to shift into reverse. It may not sound logical but at this point it's habit. Check out this video to see how I operate:

jerkyboy

I have one of these flexible mounts.

flex-arm.jpg

Mine is on the right side, magnet holds to the seat rails and is then wedged between the seats. But that being said, I use a joystick controller as a handheld is never in the same spot twice. Muscle memory comes into play and the joystick is in the same spot every time.

That's really nice, where'd you get it and how much?

OP
S

sixty4

Found something that will work for me. Ordered a Tackform phone holder, will keep the good looks and holds very well. I like the fact it will be left of the steering wheel..

jasburrito

I am a newb. My trucks older. I might have done it azz backwards. But i can reach the buttons easy resting my arm on console. Could go in hand too. Its mounted like a cb mic.

20191024_233356.jpg

Top Forums