Where to get a quality Fisher edge?

emmett518

Any suggestions on where to get decent pricing on either an OEM Fisher 7.5 foot edge, or a decent quality aftermarket? I don't want to end up with some Chinese thing that is soft steel or junk.

Thanks

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Peoples’ Republic of Maskachusetts. Central part.
Any plow dealer should be able to supply one - there aren't really cheap Chinese cutting edges flooding the market like most other items.

The biggest risk would be from companies making them in house, especially local steel suppliers. I've heard stories of them using softer metal so they can punch them with shop tools.

Hydromaster

PlowSite Fanatic
Any plow dealer should be able to supply one - there aren't really cheap Chinese cutting edges flooding the market like most other items.

The biggest risk would be from companies making them in house, especially local steel suppliers. I've heard stories of them using softer metal so they can punch them with shop tools.
I get it, your say’en, it’s soft carbon steel that causes rust stains , but only on concrete.

Kinport

Do I have to buy OEM to guarantee that the hardness is right and the bolt holes line up?
No second guessing when you buy OEM. It’s expensive but at least you know your getting the right thing
(I say that on behalf of the MBCJ’s On here that I don’t want to offend)

Buuuttttttt.....I just take my worn out edge down to my local steel shop. They use the old edge as a template and cut me a new edge that is 6” tall by 1/2” thick. I have them cut it out of AR400 steel and then I take it home and rattle can paint it to stop rust. Its generally about 1/4 cost of a OEM edge from dealer. On our V plows I will order the center section from the dealer as those are pre-bent (I’m sure with a proprietary die) and it would be a big ask for the steel shop to match it perfectly.