Whelen Edge Halogen to Strobe?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Mitragorz, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

The alleys, takedowns, and flashers on my Whelen Edge leave a lot to be desired. Plus, I’m converting everything else on the truck to LED (except the strobes), so it’s for continuity also. The bulbs are marked “27H-H2.” Anyone know if there are LED replacements for these bulbs? Google didn’t really give me anything.

535F74E3-28F5-490F-88E2-BC0AE71CF0A4.png

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

that is a halogen light bulb. and since you touched it with your bare fingers, it will burn out within a few hours of powering on. they burn VERY hot and the oils off your fingers will boil and crack the glass allowing air into the vacuum of the bulb, which will burn the bulb out.

3. OP
    OP
    Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

I wiped it with rubbing alcohol before re-installation, so all should be good.

Any knowledge of LED replacements?

4. tjctransport

not for the H-2 bulb.

5. OP
    OP
    Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

I just realized I mistyped the title. Guess I JF my mind on other things. Should’ve said

“Halogen to LED”

Don’t need strobes. Strobes are fine.

6. tjctransport

don't make any difference, currently there are no replacement LED bulbs for the H-2 halogen bulb.

7. FredG

FredG PlowSite Fanatic

What is it you dislike about the take down and alley lights? I don't have a whelan but my code 3 is awesome. I flipped mine around where my take down are used for backup light.

Helps out when loading a trailer or working on something in the dark. I'm not sure I would need them to be brighter if that is why you want to switch.

tjctransport likes this.
  8. tjctransport

i did the same thing on my trucks with light bars.

FredG likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

I've got aux lighting on the backrack, I was just looking for something brighter for the lightbar "flashers." The wig-wags on either side of the center strobe.

10. FredG

FredG PlowSite Fanatic

Got Ya.