1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Whelen bar install Where to find connectors?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by aerialimage, Dec 19, 2011.

  1. aerialimage

    aerialimage Junior Member
    Messages: 2

    Looking to do a nice clean install on a used Whelen diagnostic bar. The PCDS-9 has a flat 4 position connector called the J3 connector. It looks like a common connector and has 4 male pins in it. I would like to find locally a mate to this connector I can assemble myself to make a proper harness. anyone know the proper trade name for these or a good source. Thanks for any help!

    RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,592

    Got a pic of them? Try amp n mate connectors. Like the regular strobe bulb connectors.
  3. aerialimage

    aerialimage Junior Member
    Messages: 2

    Found them at radio shack, Had to buy a few pieces to get what I want but beats the long drive to the electronics store. Turns out it is the same connector used on Floppy diskette drive power cables. exact match. Thanks for the help!
  4. Dissociative

    Dissociative 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,066

    molex is what its called