Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll,

What is the maximum size wheel loader that you would put snow tires on? Do any of you run them on larger than 25,000 lb. machines? 30,000 lb. machines? In regards to commercial/industrial sites relatively flat. Adding another $12k-$20k in tires isn't the easiest. Not even certain how we could obtain financing on tires.

Thanks in advance! -Chris

·
Registered
58,558 Posts
2 of my 4 544s have snow tyres. The other one had new ones installed the year before I bought it.

My tyre dealer gets retreads for me. No idea what Nokians cost for a wheel loader but so far these have been great. Last February the set cost $9500ish.

I wouldn't hesitate on a larger machine, they make a world of difference.

·
Registered
58,558 Posts
difference in ride or pushing ability or both???
No idea on ride but traction is hugely increased. Maybe almost to 100%. No side-slipping, spinning, etc. One of the pushes last week was the first time the operator said he lost traction a little on some turns. And that's with the bigger plow.

When I plowed with our G and the 18' LiveBoxx I never lost traction once. I slowed down but never spun.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
No idea on ride but traction is hugely increased. Maybe almost to 100%. No side-slipping, spinning, etc. One of the pushes last week was the first time the operator said he lost traction a little on some turns. And that's with the bigger plow.

When I plowed with our G and the 18' LiveBoxx I never lost traction once. I slowed down but never spun.
100% lol...now you sound like your buddy from the katskills

·
Registered
224 Posts
2 of my 4 544s have snow tyres. The other one had new ones installed the year before I bought it.

My tyre dealer gets retreads for me. No idea what Nokians cost for a wheel loader but so far these have been great. Last February the set cost $9500ish.

I wouldn't hesitate on a larger machine, they make a world of difference.
what tire are you using that does retreads ??

·
Registered
58,558 Posts
what tire are you using that does retreads ??
No idea, check with Wonderland. I think they get them from a supplier who uses good casings and puts the snow treads on them. Said Everett's has been using them for years. So far so good, 2 1/3 seasons on 1 set.

·
Registered
58,558 Posts
More rubber meeting the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts