Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We sold our big loader several years ago and the two Cat 906 & 908's are just too small to stack or push back piles in an efficient manner.

We have to stack up piles at our snow dump AND as customers run out of stockpile areas.

At the snow dump we are responsible for pushing up our piles after dump trucks haul snow all night. Sometimes after a week straight. Each load is about 15 yds of snow that gets pretty hard after compaction. At any given night, we can haul 140 loads in a night. This makes quite a job having to push up piles. Yes, a dozer would be the best option, but I don't have one and nobody would rent it out. This time of year they hibernate.

As far as customer piles, we have likely left them sitting for months, so they are hard as a rock as well.

I don't know if we need to just rent a local loader with a 4-5 yard bucket to do it OR if we can snow blow the piles with rear PTO tractor blower. Most guys around here only run light duty snow blowers that would just be snapping shear pins like crazy. Who manufactures something that might work for this purpose? I think the blower option would be quicker

thx

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Normand makes some very HD industrial blowers.

Would think you could find a farmer with a nice little tractor that you could rent.

· Registered
15,308 Posts
Why not just look for an older loader again?

· Registered
799 Posts
If you need to stack a lot of snow in a small area a dozer can’t be beat. I would keep asking around, somebody out there will be eager to make some extra dough with there dozer that is making them no money in winter. The company my Dad works for gets all excited when I have snow hauling to be done because I put there dozers and rock trucks to work. I give them $150 an hour for there JD850 dozer and they are happy to get it.

· Registered
6,382 Posts
I 2nd an excavator. They usually dont work in times of snow. I would think you could find a small start up company that would he hungry to work fairly reasonable.
Ask whoever is hauling the snow if it's not yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.