1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

What To Do? What Kind Of Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by schlich92, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. schlich92

    schlich92 Member
    Messages: 31

    I had a truck plow combo, burned out tranny on truck. I do not know what kind of plow it is if I was to buy new mounting brackets.

    It has the hydraulic tank for cylinders mounted under the hood and the person I bought it from said it was a phillips???

    The remote on the inside of the vehicle is a black box about 6 inches by 5 inches with a rectangular button that is horizantal and pushes right or left travel and a vertical rectangular button that controls up and down travel.

    Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  2. justme-

    justme- 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,138

    Never heard of "phillips", but it depends more on what year the truck WAS and what year you plan replacing it with. Most companies stopped making underhood mount styles by 1995, some as late as 1997. Depends on a few things, but it it was an 80's truck, for example, you're not going to find a mount for a 1999 to use it.

    You will need to know what the plow is for sure.