What size plow?

PINEISLAND1

PlowSite.com Veteran
I would put a 8'2" Boss V or the 8.5' Western V on it myself. You may even find that they will put the 9'2" Boss on that truck, in which case I probably would.

captjack

what are you going to plow?
I have a f350 crew cab, i cant plow small lots. i cant turn the truck
around. i went with a 8 ft western. (great plow) i wish i would have gotten a 9 ft, so im ordering a set of pro wings.
if your not doing drives, or small lots, i would say go big!
regards,
jack

OP
T

Tim1075

You guys will have to understand that i'm just a kid, just going on 17 so the budget is a little tight. I'm planning on selling my first truck that I bought to get a little money for the plow. I was leaning towards a 9ft western straight, can anybody give me some ideas on prices.

John DiMartino

PlowSite.com Veteran
Tim,the western 9 ft straight is a good choice,especially since its light,and strong,and reliable,at 750 lbs,it wont kill yout front end to bad.If you had the F350,id tell you to get the biggest V theyll put on it,but your front end isnt nearly as strong.If your going used,the western 8-9 ft should be easy to find,its a popular plow.

TheBeast

like tim1075, i am turning 18, what would be a nice set-up for my 1997 F-350 XLT, Crew Cab, SRW. I am leaning towards the V plow, but i am not sure. What company makes the best V plow, whats the biggest size, and what do they run.

thanks
TheBeast

plowking35

2000 Club Member
I have yet to see a plow run, they all seem to need a truck to push them along.
Do a search, you will find that you are limited to what plow you can install on a crew cab.
BTW, since when can such young kids afford such nice trucks?
My first truck was 20 yrs old and a beater. Took me till I was 29 till I got my first new truck.
Dino

TheBeast

i got my truck out of luck, otherwise i pay for everything for it my parents don't pay for anything. plus i have been workin since i was like 14.

JD PLOWER

PlowSite.com Veteran
I don't know what type of plowing your both planning on (residential, commercial) but if you can afford a v, go for it! If not then any plow that has the best dealer support in your area.

snow

PlowSite.com Veteran
Originally posted by Tim1075
I work hard not a penny of my 3 trucks have come from my parents.
Same here, those of you that think my parents bought my truck are wrong. i've been working since 8 and i split the money between my truck fund , college fund and the little that went in my pocket. All the money for gas, the truck, insurance I pay for, i'm not like the rest of the school where their parents give them credit cards, i know because i end up filling up a lot of their cars at work.

get a 9' western,fisher,diamond whatever you can find used for a good price. i think someone here knew of a 9' western uni-mount that came off a dodge flatbed for a good price.

bryan