what size plow.....ranger

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by vwovw, Feb 25, 2008.

1. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

i was looking into getting a ford ranger for a driveway truck. what size plow would you recommend? is a ranger a good plow truck?

2. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

22 Series all the way. I have a 2001 Edge with the 4.0 6 cyl. in it. It is a great combination.

I have 61 drives and 2 small lots that I do with it and it works very well.

Here is a link to some pics that were taken when I first got it. It still looks and performs just as well today!! You won't be sorry!!

Link: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=40423

3. iceyman

iceyman PlowSite Fanatic

a ranger can be a good truck if you dont try try plow a mall parking lot or sumthing big like that...:nod::cool:

4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

agree with pearcelawn 22 series all the way :nod: :nod:

5. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I do a pizza place and a dentist's office lot. Both are small.

I think that a mall would take all winter to do!!LOL :dizzy:

6. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

I had a 93 with 6.5' Meyer and had absolutely no problem. If I still had it I definitely would have added wings. I ran 10.50x31R15 all terrain tires with 400-500lbs ballast in rear. It could push heavy wet snow uphill when my loader would spin a little. You might want to stiffen the front suspension, I had H.D. front coils.

7. Twixster

Twixster Junior Member

I have a 2003 Ranger 4X4 with a 22 Series 6'8" blade and I like it. I wouldn't go smaller than the 6'8" blade as it's about perfect size for doing driveways. I would also recommend getting down pressure if you are doing driveways.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I would say a 6.5-7 foot blade which ever brand you want will do fine for the truck! Rangers seem to be a somewhat common driveway truck!