What size Kage for Bobcat T650?

Discussion in 'Kage Innovation Snow Plow Systems' started by alfman, Sep 24, 2017.

1. alfman

alfman Member

Thinking about a Kage for my T650. Its 74 hp and has an operating weight of 9100 lbs. I just replaced the tracks with camoplast's. Is a 10' out of the question? It will be on a high maintence parking lot at a regional airport so we never really push more than 2-3" at a time.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

A "wing" plow by HLA or Metal Pless will be at least 25% more productive.

But no, the 10' will be fine.

3. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 9' on my s650 really wishing I had the 10'

4. KagePlows

KagePlows Sponsor

Hey everyone, sorry we're late to the discussion, but for educational value I can tell you we recommend an 8' to 9' for the Bobcat T650. For the S650 we recommend 8' to 10'. The T650 is a tracked unit with no suspension which in the case of going to a bigger unit like the 10', our concern would be the loss of traction under of a full box load of snow. Yes it will push the snow, but not as efficiently as the 8 to 9 Snowfire. Efficiency is the word of the day. Get in, get out, go home. If you have any questions about plow recommendation, our staff is there to help. Call 651-433-4628

icudoucme likes this.
  5. plow4beer

plow4beer Senior Member

A T650 w/snow tracks will outpush a S650 w/snow tires...Just sayin:waving:

Robinson_Cnst and Mark Oomkes like this.
  6. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite Fanatic

Does the track machine ride smoother than the wheeled machine??.....Reason I ask..Beer spillage or lack of spillage is the utmost importance to me.....:drinkup:

Mark Oomkes, DeVries and FredG like this.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mulch smoother...

8. plow4beer

plow4beer Senior Member

Yes & no. More vibration from the track, therefore causing excess foaming...more bounce from the tire, therefore causing excess spillage. I solve the problem by wearing a camelback reversed...now if I hit something and come to a sudden stop, smashing the camelback between the safety bar and my gut, I simply get a blast/shotgun of my favorite beverage, therefore placing it right where it's intended to go. This is especially nice for those long nights when your starting to get a little groggy and you need a "wake me up".

9. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I run the 9ft kage. On a wheeled unit. I disagree that a tracked machine will out push. We sit and spin with tracked unit. We use it for dirt work etc in the summer and is great but we use it bc I own it but in snow here in iowa, wheeled unit all day long.

10. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite Fanatic

Running stock tracks?

11. plow4beer

plow4beer Senior Member

you can disagree with what I posted, but your still wrong

Mark Oomkes and John_DeereGreen like this.
  12. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I started using a 9' Kage on a Takeuchi TL230 this year. Put Camso tracks on it. I am floored by how well it pushes. Yeah, the TL230 vibrates a bit, but not horrible. 20171228_030544.jpg

KagePlows likes this.
  13. Mark Oomkes

Ran my PlowMaxx 813 on Christmas day with aboot 5-6" down. Tracks are pretty much shot\bald. The Bridgestone Polar Treads. They're basically OEM tracks that just aboot smooth now.

And whoever said a tracked machine won't plow snow is an idiot or ignorant or both. Yes, I ran oot of traction pushing a full 13' of snow, but either getting a running start or taking smaller bites solved the problem. But in reality, with crappy tracks, the T650 is a monster and will push the crap oot of snow. The pushes were roughly 400 feet long.

I'm thinking of checking oot the Camoplast as the Bridgestones really didn't last long.

8' or 9' is still a waste of machine on a T650.

14. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Wider than 9' and I wouldn't be able to fit in between cars, dumpsters and other obstructions. In the wide open, wider would probably be better.

15. Mark Oomkes

That's why the 813 is superior...it's an 8' pusher, an 8'-13' angle blade, 8'-13' straight blade or back blade.

excav8ter and DeVries like this.
  16. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite Fanatic

Did you buy actual Polar Tracks or the cheaper aftermarket look alike from the guy in Indiana?

17. plow4beer

plow4beer Senior Member

I asked you about the polars when you first mentioned premature wear/where/ware...I’m still curious about the details of this and why. I’ve owned 3 sets of them and feel the roi was worth it. You do get more snow than me though....

18. Mark Oomkes

I ordered and paid for PolarTracs. Did I get a bad set? Is it because we're running it on salted pavement consistently? Is the concrete ramp wearing them faster even thought that's only maybe 15-20% of the surface being plowed? Operator skid turning to much?

I can't really justify another set after wearing them that quickly.

19. plow4beer

plow4beer Senior Member

I guess the “bad set” is possible, or an operator being abusive with spinning, but the other factors you listed are nothing of concern. Idk, but that sucks.

I do know that it’s been worth it for me, on the T190’s and T590 I’ve ran them on.

20. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Out of curiosity.... how long did the PolarTracs last?