Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a unimount 7 1/2’ on a 94 GMC 1500.
Is there someplace with a list of common mounts?
My truck is at the point where I don’t want to put any more money in it but I’d like to put this plow on another truck. Anyone know which trucks this mount would be compatible with?
Thanks!

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!
So ANY 88-98 1500 Chevy/Gmc?
How do I know if/which 2500 models it might fit? I’d definitely like to move up to a 3/4 ton.
If I wanted to put it on my ‘04 Dodge Ram 1500, I could get an Ultra-mount and adapter?

· Registered
256 Posts
Thanks!
So ANY 88-98 1500 Chevy/Gmc?
How do I know if/which 2500 models it might fit? I'd definitely like to move up to a 3/4 ton.
If I wanted to put it on my '04 Dodge Ram 1500, I could get an Ultra-mount and adapter?
the mount will only fit GMC and Chev 1500 88 to 98 and GMC/Chev 2500-3500 92 to 99.

you can check the western web site, part number for the mount only fit the above.

· Registered
33 Posts
Western P/N 27170 will adapt a UltraMount truck side and allow a Uni Mount. The headlights need shorter arms, P/N 63532/63533. The wiring will then need to updated to a three plug set-up - those part numbers eluding me at the moment. If you would like the newer Nighthawk lights you can make the plow a two post mount using P/N 28340.

That's for the plow side, the truck side is another animal. There are several on-line sellers of Western parts that would be happy to help you, in addition to your local dealer. Your local might be higher in price, but I have found it's a wash when you figure in shipping, especially on steel.

I had all this on my truck for two season before I moved up to a MVP Plus and Fleet Flex threw it all out the window. Worked like a charm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.