Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
i wish i had a picture but we run standard snow shovels but also we have 2 dakota snow pushers theyre shovels on wheel and we love them the shoveling crew swears by them and ive used them and they work great

I have several- a steel edged aluminum pusher for light stuff, metal standard (steel) snow shovel for non stickey deeper stuff, all plastic flat blade type for sticky stuff (very non stick, but I wear half the shovel down in a season and they really become ineffecient at that size ..lol)
I also have a plastic with metal (steel) edge that is a little deeper scoop, but again standard snoe shovel for general use.

I keep a small steel shovel too for scraping and sand loading as it works much better when I am stuck.
Tried those back saver ones, not too sure about them- got one for home to work with this season just for my walkway. I don't like it thus far- too much work to actually lift the blade full of snow over the banks.

Yes, I carry all of those shovels in the back of the truck, and I have duplicates of some in the garage incase one breaks.

Tried those aluminum shovels, grain and otherwise, found there is too much resistance from the soft aluminum against the pavement and concrete- they wear fast, curl the corners fast, and grab. Too much work. I tend to like smaller shovels too- lessens the weight when it's heavy snow.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.