1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

What kind of pump is this?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gcfisher75, Dec 24, 2003.

  1. gcfisher75

    gcfisher75 Junior Member
    Messages: 12

    Hey guys, just got a pump given to me, and I don't know what it is? It is a electrically controlled under hood pump. Sound right? It's like the old engine driven pump with the valve assembly, setup, except this one is a pump that is run off the electrical system of the truck. I am confused of how this one wires up cause there is 4 solenoids on it, like you would see a meyers with 3 a,b,c? well this seems to have 4 and there oddly shaped compared to a meyers? I've never heard of this type of setup b4 and have never seen anything like it, Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Crash935

    Crash935 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,377

    So basically what you have is a motor on one end with a valve body and a round or square resivoir on the other end? There are many brands of these units with monarch, barnes,and fenner coming to mind. More of a discription or picture would help.