1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

What is this?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Yobrow, Aug 21, 2008.

  1. Yobrow

    Yobrow Junior Member
    from Maine
    Messages: 8

    Hey all, I'm very new to this forum - in fact, this is my first post. I'm not sure if anyone can answer these questions, but its worth a shot. I recently bought a truck that I want to put a plow on. Its an '03 F-250. It has plowed before but did not come with the plow. I've included images of what it did come with. What I want to know is, are these mounts generic or are they specific to a certain make of plow? If its a specific brand, anyone know which brand? Would it be better to look for that brand of plow, or do these parts come with new plow installations? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!


  2. Mark13

    Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,794

    Western Unimount maybe missing the center mounting area?
  3. basher

    basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707
    Messages: 8,993

    First; welcome to PLOWSITE:waving:

    If you're buying new you just as well throw those parts on the scrap pile. even if you correctly identify the brand of plow those pieces are part of a mount for if you by a new plow installed it includes the mounting carton.

    If you're looking used you'll still have to buy part of a mount. bits and pieces are expensive compared to whole units. This only works if you can find a plow to match the mount.
  4. DeVries

    DeVries PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,685

    Looks to be a old Boss RT2 mount.
  5. Flipper

    Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT
    Messages: 1,180

    The upper left circle is where the Bolcker beam went before the plow was installed. This is supposed to prevent the truck riding up over a car in an accident.

    The mount looks like a Boss or maybe a Sno-way as I am not familiar with theirs. Toby will tell you if its a sno-way.

    Depending on what plow you want you will likely be better off just removing that mount and finding a complete one.

    Take a look in the engine compartment and in the grille. Any plugs or wires that could be for the plow?
  6. 06HD BOSS

    06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,611

    from what i can tell it looks like a partial Boss mount, which is odd because ive never seen anyone take one apart like that before. anyways, i agree with the other guys, take whatever parts remain off and start from scratch again. if theres any wiring in the truck (either a control or a harness plug in the cab, or any wiring under the hood ie. relays, solenoid), take some pics of that and it will be an easy identification.
  7. plowman4life

    plowman4life Senior Member
    Messages: 557

    looks like a partial boss or western unimount.
  8. Yobrow

    Yobrow Junior Member
    from Maine
    Messages: 8

    Thanks for all the info guys. I'll poke around and see if I can find some plugs left over.
  9. basher

    basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707
    Messages: 8,993

    Not Snoway:nono:
  10. B&B

    B&B PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 12,777

    And for an additional heads up: it's definitely not Boss, Western, Fisher or Meyer either...

    Arctic maybe...
  11. Camden

    Camden PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,604

    Hiniker...missing the forks which probably cracked off.
  12. basher

    basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707
    Messages: 8,993

    I agree:nod:
  13. dieselpusher

    dieselpusher Senior Member
    Messages: 208

    personally i think the middle circle looks like a front mount hitch