What is the best way to purchase FF ?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by On a Call, Jan 27, 2017.

1. On a Call

On a Call 2000 Club Member

I am looking to purchase at least 5 gallon. Not sure if it comes in a larger.

Where or how is the best method to or location to purchase FF ??

We used to undercoat with Z ....no more, it is expensive and cracks.

2. Michael Litorus

Michael Litorus Junior Member

Price for 5 gal buckets is the same everyplace
    Zoro has a deal going to 17 Feb, 10 or 15% off for orders over $100.

Personally, if I was undercoating a truck and could get the truck over 70° and the material as well, I'd spray NonFibrated Asphalt roof coating. It will dry and Stop STINKING in a few days and provides longer life than FluidFilm will.

BTW, FF comes in barrels and totes if you want that much.

3. OP
    OP
    On a Call

I have used the non-fiber tar( asphalt ) in the past. It may work but....what a mess !! Need to wear a full suit and even then :( you get that stuff on you. I was using a gun much like the fluid film gun the lesser expensive one.

I think the trick would be to heat it up to about 100 degree F and spray it using a long wand, say about 30 foot long. lol Nah, about six foot might work. But I am not sure how to set up a spray system. Never did it.

Perhaps a pot under air pressure and put it over a heat source ??? Just thinking that might work.

But the fluid film seems cleaner ?? However if it does not last or work well....perhaps the tar is a better answer.

Thanks.

4. Michael Litorus

Michael Litorus Junior Member

How about if a cranky old man comes over and does it for you, brings his own spray system, and pays rent on the building, and then hires 2 broads in thongs to clean up after the machines are coated to your dream, washed up, waxed and filled with fuel, all at his expense.

Yes, a painter's pot feed spray gun works well. About 7psi, 3/8 hose, no more than 15 feet long.
    You're too high on the temperature setting
    Remember, the object of the game is for the coating to walk into any and all possible cracks, pores etc
    Thin material with Mineral Spirits to sprayable viscosity.
    Make sure the roof coating in NOT water based product
    Pretreat any rust with 5% phosphoric in water, and do that part of the job correctly.
    Spray the roof coating on
    Let it dry
    Thank the first crybaby who says "the truck stinks" for his resignation.

Sit back comfortably as the truck leaves.
    Relax
    `
    Answer the phone and listen to the driver explain he had the green light and ~~~~~~~~~ truck on side~~~~ firemen~~~ hospital
    You know the drill.

On a Call likes this.
  5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Fanatic

Wow... Not much confuses me as much as this post...

6. ktfbgb

ktfbgb PlowSite Veteran

Lol

7. OP
    OP
    On a Call

I have seen the light and am no longer confused or have no knowledge. God is good.

Sounds like I need a painters pot.

One thing not mentioned is where do I find those helpers minus Mark.

8. OP
    OP
    On a Call

Nice train wreck huh.

9. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

"Ok guys, lets stay on topic of FF" ... A 5 gal. bucket on Amazon is $181 del. :drinkup:

10. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Fanatic

Why?

11. ktfbgb

ktfbgb PlowSite Veteran

The best way to buy FF is to move to a state that doesn't have rust problems so you don't need it. Then you can just buy a rattle can and keep it on the shelf to look at Thumbs Up

12. OP
    OP
    On a Call

You mean...like you :)

13. ktfbgb

ktfbgb PlowSite Veteran

Lol ya. I actually never even seen a can here. Been searching every time I go to get oil, or fuel additive etc., just so I can post a pic here. Can't find it lol.

But seriously I was just being a jagoff. I feel for you guys that have to deal with rusted out trucks.