what is it ???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dbednarsky, Jun 15, 2020.

1. dbednarsky

dbednarsky Junior Member

Can someone help me identify my plow? I’ve had it a few years now and it’s been great. But now it is very slow going up and I think I need a new pump but want to order the right one.

74CB2154-A7E8-4BC1-9E50-638482FE55E9.jpeg

EBD47C9F-E480-401C-B92E-BF1DECDDB462.jpeg

E9A16A3D-D93E-4EE7-B869-BB16A7463B91.jpeg

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

Minute mount 1 with an SEHP pump and some sort of aftermarket lights. Not positive on size but maybe 7.5'?
    Before I went replacing pumps though, I'd pull it apart first to see if it just needs cleaning.

3. OP
    OP
    dbednarsky

dbednarsky Junior Member

It is 7.5’ and they are Meyer light I fabricated on about 2 years ago with LED bulbs. I’m going to order a filter kit first and see if that helps. I went to use it yesterday (I know it’s June lol) but I was pushing some light brush and I don’t have the money to rent a machine, so I use the plow. And left and right were fine and so was down, but going up was a lot longer than it ever was. Either the pump is bad but that wouldn’t make sense since everything else is good or the filter is clogged.

many thoughts?

4. cwren2472

if it is angling fine then it probably isn't clogged unfortunately. There is a plugged port near the lift cylinder used to test the pressure output though you might have a hell of a time getting it out. Most likely the pump is bad as you guessed.

dieselss likes this.
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just FYI, you should always lower the lift ram all the way down when your done with the plow.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I only clicked on this thread cause I thought the old contest was back...

BUFF and Randall Ave like this.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Only if he wants to make hooking it back up easy...

8. DeVries

DeVries 2000 Club Member
    from Ontario

Why do guys call it a ram. Its clearly a cylinder. :wall:

NYH1, BossPlow2010, BUFF and 2 others like this.
  9. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite Veteran

Maybe it was on a brush pushin Dodge ?

Hydromaster and BUFF like this.
  10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Eh?

11. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

^^ A malfunction w/remote control/ float mode :confused: :drinkup:

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Bee?

13. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yeah, back on point now, please

14. OP
    OP
    dbednarsky

dbednarsky Junior Member

So the pump is done. I just got offered a deal on a mm1 8’ blade with the top angle attachment but it’s a 3plug. My wiring is a 2 plug. Would my setup work or do I need to replace all the truck side wire? I don’t care about lights if that makes a difference. Sorry for the dumbness I just don’t want to reinvent the wheel if some who knows more can just advise me.

thanks!!

15. cwren2472

Cheapest way would be to rob the 9 pin harness from your old plow and use it on the new plow. You could even make the lights work that way, assuming they did before.

Second option would be the buy the truckside 3 pin (part # 27063) to match the 3 pin on the plow. You'll cut off the 9 pin on your truck and scab the 3 pin onto it. That'll give you functions only, no lights.

16. OP
    OP
    dbednarsky

dbednarsky Junior Member

How would the 3 pin give me all the functions? Also when I look it up for the kit, it has an isolation module, where I do not

17. cwren2472

Correct, because you aren't using the whole kit, just the one harness you need to make the functions work. The isolation module doesn't control the plow.

You will cut off the 9 pin plug you have on the truck now and connect the 3 pin repair end I mentioned above to 3 of the wires you end up with after cutting off your 9 pin. You'll also use the same 2 pin power/ground cable you have already. The colors on the repair end should match the same colors on your truck harness.

18. cwren2472

I highlighted in the diagram below the 3 pins you would need

plug.jpg

Avalanche 2500 and BUFF like this.
  19. OP
    OP
    dbednarsky

dbednarsky Junior Member

So it’s really that easy. I cut off the 9 pin, rip out the useless wire from the engine bay, and connect the new 3 pin to that and I’m good to go? I don’t need the isolation module? Why does my controller have 6 wires?

I just want to make sure I don’t miss something.

20. cwren2472

3 wires go out to the plow from the controller for the 3 valves on the plow
    1 wire coming into the controller is 12 volt positive from the battery
    1 wire coming into the controller is ground
    1 wire goes out to the solenoid under the hood

6 wires total but only 3 go to the plow

The isolation module is primarily used for the lights. It is also used to bring power to the controller but since you already have a controller that works, you don't need it for that.