Snow Plowing Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts
How bout this?I think the snowbear will push a little more snow than this or my 810:p

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

This is a very funny thread. I think all he is saying is that where there is so much snow that only truck mounted blowers can move the snow. The snow bear and all other plows are equal. Bottom line is no plow will be able to move the snow.

He is not comparing the snow bear to western's when used in area where truck mounted blade are used to clear snow off roads.

Originally posted by Rainman
I do however need to know where to set the stops so the wear plate is sitting at the proper angle. Does anyone know what angle the blade should be when it is sitting on the ground?
Rainman, Check out THIS POST. I just went through the same thing and found out that 70 degrees is about right.

I just read the post that I linked to and what do you know you replied in it. Now don't I feel silly.......now I know how toiyabe feels.

All I am saying is that if Ihad 1000 dollars I would rather have a dam good snowblower than that silly snowbear thing.

Josh 99zr2:guns: :guns: :D :D

i would rather have a rusty shovel:p

My opinion is that unless you have personally owned/used one, you can't call it garbage.

If it isn't as good as your plow, doesn't make others garbage.

If it fits your needs, then go for it.

For light duty jobs, it seems like a good enough plow, as long as you're not planning to make any money with it!

David

If photo posts, this is why a snow bear is as good as a meyer etc..

Because they are both worthless in places where it actually snows.. All Contractors/Commerical plowers around here use these and blowers.. 'Course, if the photo does not post, this is an utterly worthless post.

Wheel Tire Sky Automotive tire Vehicle

Well, it posted, now, Nate, Philly, Ford....

You use trucks... or maybe little backhoes.. But if you were here, you simply could not operate. The loader in the preceeding photo is what you would need. Now,, you made what you thought were clever sarcastic remarks about the snow bear. Yet, it works for me out in the desert... 10 miles west in town, all your rigs would be as suitable as my Snow Bear. Even plowing the county road to my valley can't be done with one of your light trucks. A loader as above... is needed. The snow depths here are either beyond your comprehension, or your preconcieved ideas rule the rational part of your brain.. You don't get the girl either.

Wheel Tire Sky Automotive tire Vehicle

Dude toyboy or what ever your name is. I think that you should read you last post agin and tell us all what you said in there that is verry unrealilistic.

Well let me point out a couple off the obvious. You say in that post " You use trucks... or little backhoes.. But ifyou were here you simply could not operate. The loader in the preceeding photo is what you would need." and " Even plowing the county road to my valley can't be done with one of your little tucks. A loader as above .. is needed."

Now how can you say things like this when your truck that you say is a suburban that actually is not a sububan. Nore is a subrban any different than a full size truck. Now if you can find me or us some kind of information that proves that a suburban is like a super rig of the centry that towers over all other trucks than I will taket all back. Untill then all that I have to say to you is just say what you got to say just remeber what you said when you said it and how you said it when you were spraying it.

Oh yah and back to your quote why is that vehicle you have able to move all that snow and trucks that we hav eout here can't. According to your post YOU should need a loader too. I havent read anywere in htis post were you say that you have a loader. So are you really moving the snow with a loader and then parking that vehicle in its place?

Josh 99zr2
:guns:

What do u think this is?

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

?? I use loaders....

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Sky

99zr2

Read the word "desert" 99zr2 I explained the difference between what I do, and what is needed west of me in this post and many times prior. Your inability to see the two separate issues is astounding, but you are not alone. Another useless attempt at illustration; two days ago we had a storm, my house got 8 inches, two miles west 2 feet, 10 miles west 3 feet, 15 miles west 5 feet. Get it now? Doubt it. My plow photos I posted explained the machine pushing the plow. And explained why I now use a suburban, reading the posts would have cleared that mystery for you. Philly, A bucket is near useless for plowing as I would think you would know,,, and a forklift?? This board is absolutely amazing. I visit a number of boards, mostly sailboats and jeeps. I have never experienced the illiteracy, closemindedness, and kneejerk angry reactions that many this board's posters exhibit. Many of you must be French Army Veterans.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

61 - 80 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.