Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Question for CAT compact wheel loader owner(s) (906M, 907M,908M,910M) As our crappy snow season winds down for us here in the Northeast, we are debating on purchasing an HLA 3200 series wing plow or a metal press for next year.

We have now a Caterpillar 908M, it has "Low" gear up to 6mph or so, "High" gear up to 12.5mph or so, and travel gear 22MPH, we also have a touch pad, for three levels of Hystat aggressiveness , just wondering what "most" people that have the "M" series plow/push in what gear, and if they have the touch pad, what setting on Hystat.

Thanks ahead of time!

· Registered
60,321 Posts
I can't answer specifically for Cat, but our Deere 244k can be run in Hi range most of the time. We've got a MP 9-15 PlowMaxx with LiveEdge.

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't answer specifically for Cat, but our Deere 244k can be run in Hi range most of the time. We've got a MP 9-15 PlowMaxx with LiveEdge.
Thanks Mark, I assume really heavy stuff you drop to low?

I'm just curious anyone running these with the optional travel gear etc, and that new Hystat buttons, ty for replying

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Correct, very interesting about the adjustable hystat.

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just saw that...bit large? Jarrett, I should have purchased ur live edge last year, maybe it would have been a bit small, but it was a live edge at a great price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.