Snow Plowing Forum banner

what do you pay shovel guys

2K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  IndySnowPlow 
#1 ·
wondering what everyone is paying guys just to shovel.

#5 ·
First off if you can find a kid that is willing to shovel then you are doing great. It is hard enough finding one to sit on a lawn mower. I pay drivers in my trucks $25/hr and shoveling has to be worth more then that with their truck with blower, shovels and spreader. $30 to $35 is more like it for someone more responsible then a kid.

#6 ·
when I shoveled I got $15 an hour this year im plowing for the same company. I was told they pay $20-25 an hour for plowing but in their equipment. I dont know how much for my own equipment. If its for that little next year ill be plowing for someone else or on my own

#9 ·
Man I have guys that work like dogs for $10 an hour. Only the foreman of the crew gets $15

#15 ·
cet said:
First off if you can find a kid that is willing to shovel then you are doing great. It is hard enough finding one to sit on a lawn mower. I pay drivers in my trucks $25/hr and shoveling has to be worth more then that with their truck with blower, shovels and spreader. $30 to $35 is more like it for someone more responsible then a kid.
lol...their $15 to$ 25 is about the same as our 25 to 30

#16 ·
ipc said:
Barrie on Canada, the snow belt $16/hr to shovel, $18/hr to plow my equip for all. Those paying higher, please don't use my local paper to advertise LOL.:nono:
I'm in Barrie also and that sounds about right for here.

#17 ·
my brother gets paid 21 an hour to shovel, and takes off when ever he needs to plow his driveways.and still gets paid while he is off plowing.

#20 ·
$13 - $15 for me. And they use their own vehicle. I provide shovel :)

#23 ·
$12 to $15 Hr Handlabor ( pay based on experience )
Supervisor ( our vehicle w/no plow ) $18 Hr.(also runs supplys as needed)
Plow Operator (our vehicle) $18 to 25Hr (based on experience)
Sub Contractor w/Plow$ #@.00 per hour (based on experience) Did you really think I was going to type the exact amount..then all of the other BIG -3 contractors would know how well we pay our subs LOL ..Have to keep them guessing ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.