1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

What do I need

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mjs91085, Feb 15, 2016.

  1. mjs91085

    mjs91085 Junior Member
    Messages: 11

    New to the site.Picked up a 2006 Silverado 2500hd setup for a 3 plug straight blade.Truck did not come with a plow. My friend wants to sell me his xtremev but I know I need a new controller but what else do I need? Part numbers would be great.Any help is much appreciated
  2. Philbilly2

    Philbilly2 PlowSite Veteran
    Messages: 3,797

    Depends on what module you have currently on your truck. 3 port module or 4 port under the hood?

    If you have the 3 port, you all you will need is the controller, controller harness, and power cord. You will be able to use headlight wiring already on the truck.

    If you have the 4 port, you will also need an adapter to plug for #1 port along the controller harness, power cord, and controller. Again, you will still be able to use the existing headlight wiring.

    Honestly, it might be easiest to just buy a truckside wiring kit and swap all of it out, then you can sell yours as a whole kit. If you have the controller that goes with the plow you find a whole truckside for $500 all day.

    If that is not the route you prefer, you will need: (either 3 or 4 port module)
    28587 - Control Harness - bout $100
    42014 - Man Power Harness - bout $100

    If you have 4 plug you will also need
    29175 - Adapter - bout $40ish
    Or you could get a 3 plug module
    29070-1 - 3 port Iso Module - bout $100
    26357 - 11pin Grill Harness - bout $140

    But I am sure that this is all clear as mud.

    Let me know if you need anything clarified as I ramble sometimes.
  3. mjs91085

    mjs91085 Junior Member
    Messages: 11

    Truck has a 4 port green label module.Truck it is coming off is a 2008 f250. Are the parts the same for both trucks
  4. Philbilly2

    Philbilly2 PlowSite Veteran
    Messages: 3,797

    Are you getting the wiring harness and controller from the ford? If so, you might have dang near if not all of what you will need to complete.
  5. cwren2472

    cwren2472 Member
    Messages: 89

    If he is going from a 4 port to a 3 port, he can reuse the 26357 11 pin connector as it's the same, but would need a different headlight adapter (29048) as the 4 port adapters won't work. The new 3 port headlight adapter kit would come with the 26357 anyway though.
  6. WOODY367

    WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY
    Messages: 477

    I just bought the 2 harnesses and adapter,
    Harnesses #
    28587 - Control Harness - $73
    42014 - Man Power Harness - $73 both from "jthomasparts.com" they were having a sale.

    Adapter# 29175 44658 4 port $28.50 off Ebay
    All harnesses are new, I had a controller