1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

What do I need, Ford to Chev swap?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mistel, Dec 6, 2009.

  1. Mistel

    Mistel Member
    Messages: 48

    I bought a used 8' uni-mount poly that was on a Ford. I would like to put it on my 1990 Chevy. What new parts will I need?

    For the mount I am going to have a welder fab something up for me. The old mount was a dogs breakfast of steel pieces. I have cut it down to the point where it will fit on my truck with a few pieces of steel. I know it is not adviseable but that is the route I am going for the mount.

    I am wondering what electrial parts I need. Do I need a new wiring harness or is there an adapter for the lights?

  2. B&B

    B&B PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 12,777

    If you have all the truck side wiring from the previous truck all you'll require to make it compatible with your '90 is a headlamp harness, as in your case that's the only part that is vehicle specific.

    If the truck has 2B style headlamps you need a 61546 harness. If it has the LF/UF lights you'll need a 61581 and if they're the 1A/2A headlamps you need a 61566 harness. All are Western part numbers.