Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up and have been doing a lot of research to get my truck setup. It seems like there are a few areas that might be ripe for a solution. Being a newb, I could read some posts and make up what I think, but directly asking the experienced seems a better approach-and maybe an interesting conversation. I'm a (hands on) robotics engineer by trade, so solving problems with technology, software, and building stuff -whether simple or complex- is up my alley. Plus Im interested to learn more about the pitfalls/challenges while getting into this madness.

For the vets, what areas or problems could help you run your business or equipment better? One thing I've seen a bunch is ability to convert between 3 plug, 2 plug-old and 2 plug-new plows easily so you can swap out to a backup. Is there an actual demand for this?
What other areas would help you out?

· Premium Member
17,282 Posts
One thing I've seen a bunch is ability to convert between 3 plug, 2 plug-old and 2 plug-new plows easily so you can swap out to a backup.
The people that ask that are typically those who just purchased a used plow and are hoping for some sort of adapter so they don't need to change components. If you wanted, it is possible in most cases to wire up a truck with as many configurations as you want and/or convert a plow to whichever other setup you want. The only limits are the time and money that you want to spend.

So, could you wire up adapters? Sure, if you had a source for the proprietary connectors and the mass production facility to wire up all the possible combinations. And you'd have to be able to do it for less than the cost of the harnesses needed to just switch things the right way in the first place.

And then there are multiplexed configurations which don't lend themselves to any sort of adapter at all anyway.

Is there an actual demand for this?
No. See above.

· Registered
15,304 Posts
People and snow

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The people that ask that are typically those who just purchased a used plow and are hoping for some sort of adapter so they don't need to change components. If you wanted, it is possible in most cases to wire up a truck with as many configurations as you want and/or convert a plow to whichever other setup you want. The only limits are the time and money that you want to spend.

So, could you wire up adapters? Sure, if you had a source for the proprietary connectors and the mass production facility to wire up all the possible combinations. And you'd have to be able to do it for less than the cost of the harnesses needed to just switch things the right way in the first place.

And then there are multiplexed configurations which don't lend themselves to any sort of adapter at all anyway.

No. See above.
Thanks for the info. Making the adapters, even for a multi wouldn't be that hard, but it doesn't sound like the majority would bother with it unless they were cheap enough.

If you could make a Roomba with a snowplow attachment, that would be awesome
Hmm, that could definitely be done. I just need to learn to plow first so I make it do it correctly HAHAH!

People and snow
I got nothin! :laugh:

It'd be sweet if there was a more efficient way to clear snow from steps/ stairs of varrying run/ rise.
Maybe the Roomba :mechanic:...see above?!

· Banned
13,443 Posts
Well the above could solve your plow problems but you will need a backup truck or someone dependable to watch your back in case your truck breaks down.

It's less risk if your truck is new but they break to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.