1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

What are these pins called?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cmo18, Nov 28, 2008.

  1. cmo18

    cmo18 Senior Member
    Messages: 815

    Hey, I have a MM2 and after my first small trip out i've noticed there seems to be more movement in the pins that connect the headlight section to the A-frame. What are they called and how easy can they be replaced? They look easy enough to remove with just a cotter pin in there. I will post pictures tomorrow morning if they are needed for help. Thks
  2. 02powerstroke

    02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,188

    Idk what there called but I bought 2 of them by accident and opened them and now cant return them so to bad you dont live closer
  3. cmo18

    cmo18 Senior Member
    Messages: 815

    there the two bolts that the a-arm pivots up and down on
  4. Gicon

    Gicon Senior Member
    from MA
    Messages: 989

    Step Pins. You will need a jack to replace them.
  5. B&B

    B&B PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 12,777

    If you head over to your local dealer you want to ask for "clevis pins" since thats what Fisher referes to them as. In fact, the p/n to make it a no brainer is: Fisher p/n 7904. You'll need two to complete the job. Should be around $5 each.

    Rather simple to change...floor jack under the A-frame, pull the cotter pins, and pull the clevis pins out.

    Be sure to check the pin holes in both the A-frame and the head gear as they definitely may be worn as well.
  6. cmo18

    cmo18 Senior Member
    Messages: 815

    perfect...this site is so awesome...find out anything in minutes