Snow Plowing Forum banner

What a winter it has been....

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  rfed32 
#1 ·
So the last two winters we have had about 6 plowable storms for residentials. This year we are over 15 which is great. I use a 1998 dodge 2500 and do a combination of 37 drives and private roads. In January I fell on a sidewalk and broke my ankle in 3 places requiring surgery ect. I am still in a walking cast and have another surgery thursday. Needless to say it made it tough this winter, kinda hard to plow with a cast on. So I subed alot of work out and had a guy run my truck. Anyways, my truck was a huge headache on top of all this, lost radiator, alternator twice, transmission, and plow pump. The transmission was replaced with a rebuilt and has been back 3 times already in less then 300 miles. Stopped in the middle of a storm since its been rebuilt and still is not running right. radiator was replaced this summer when I rebuilt the motor but warranty wouldnt cover it as I used stop leak!!! Alternator was covered as I replaced that this summer also. Anyways, needless to say I had some angry customers, between subs and my truck breaking down. I grew alot this year and its hard to say no to new customers. So I bought a 1999 Ford F350 with a 8 foot diamond plow. Now I have two trucks... Oh yeah my dodge is broke again.. starter is gone.

#2 ·
Figures, the dodge broke down...might as well scrap the F350 as well while the price for metal is high...haha

Buy a chevy wesport

Hopefully everything with your ankle is better now, good luck!

#5 ·
if ur not breaking stuff, ur not plowing fast enough - wait dont say that

" THEY ALL SUCK THE SAME" all the trucks so buy whats in ur price range, and u get a deal on

#6 · (Edited)
Stuff breaks, stuff wears out what are you going to do? Buy new? I would rather fix a truck that's paid off. I spend less then a month's payment a year on parts to keep The Big Red Drain the job. I will have a tear run down my cheek when they tow it away.

#7 ·
just didnt seem like u season...but you take the bad with the good...seems like u figured it out...u might have not have picked the "best subs" this year but if anything u learned for this whole thing...always have good reliable help on the side just in case...life is a learning curve just remember that...what doesnt break u, makes u stronger...

good luck with everything on the leg man and get back out there stronger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.