Snow Plowing Forum banner

Western Wideout Controllers

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Fire_n_Ice 
#1 ·
I am looking for some feedback on the Western Wideout Controllers
I have one and have a Handheld Controller and was wondering for those others out there in Plow Land are there any other's who use the Joystick Controllers, Do you have a preference, which one's do you like bettter

#2 ·
IMO the joystick is better because its mounted and you don't have to hold in your hand. That frees up your hand to shift steer drink coffee or whatever. With the joystick its mounted and you can find it without having something in your hand. If you don't do alot of plowing then the handheld would be better IMO.

#3 ·
ive had both and the hand held is better by far just my .2 cents

#4 ·
I don't hava a wideout but wiht my straight blade I prefer the joystick. The biggest reason is to lower the blade and put it in float you only have to hit the lever once and it is in float. With the handheld you have to hold the button down until it touches the ground and like an additional second. I always mess up when I hop in my dads truck. I am sure you would get used to it. But I like the joystick, also like western said because it is always in the same place.

#5 ·
I build 20 or 30 Western plows every winter and 90% ask for the handhelds. Most say they prefer to keep the controller in their right hand so they can shift (automatics) without letting go. The joystick is in the same place all the time but you still have to reach down and find it. With the handheld you just have to move your thumb no matter where your hand is you can still press buttons. Many people like that instant power float thing but even more hate the fact that the joystick up and down are backwards if you mount it with the stick pointing up. They were designed to mount flat on the dash with the stick pointing horizontially toward the back of the cabin but no one mounts them that way. In any case yo can easily switch from one to the other if you don't like the one you get, it's just a matter of unpluging one and pluging in the other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.