Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for contact info for western customer service regarding a warranty issue. Any help much appreciated!!!

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
Seville is right - western wont warranty anything directly, you need to go through dealer. Even in the event that it was just a part swap out with no labor, they will still require you to go through a dealer

· Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already put claim in through the dealer. Claim was denied and I would like to talk to someone at Western about it.

· Registered
17,483 Posts
I think you mean Douglas Dynamics now...
They used to be quite interested in PS but it has been a few years...not sure if Jeff is still around but here you go.They were very good to me and interested in keeping customers happy.

Kopper10 Hi Mr.Markus,

My name is Jeff Kopp and I work for Western. I was wondering if you would be willing to contact me. I want to try and resolve your situation with your salter repair bill. You can contact me by phone at 414-362-3832 or email at [email protected]. Sorry to have you contact us again, but it want to get this taken care of for you. Thanks!

Take care,

· Registered
14,949 Posts

· Registered
838 Posts
Yes do tell please. I was planning on getting one to replace my older wideout. I figure the new one has a better sight picture being taller for my hood line.

Worst I had with this 2013? was a leaky wing cylinder and somehow popped my module.

· Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was plowing windrowing snow to the left with a full blade of snow and I clipped trailing edge on a corner of a ice pile. Bent lift frame,dimpled quadrant where angle ram is connected,bent hook on stand shoe assembly and tore off post on receiver pocket.

· Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Submitted claim through dealer and it was denied. I actually took a vid of the plow pass I did right before I clipped the ice pile.

· Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bought my first western plow in 1980. Never had a warranty from plowing till now. Plow didn’t have any way to give. Don’t know if the steel vs poly cutting edge on the wing would’ve made a difference?

· Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The blade is reinforced. There was no damage or scraps on blade.

· Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’ve done similar things with the regular Wideout with no damage. Thinking the poly cutting edge helps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.