Western vs SnowDogg vs Boss?

Haggardflorist

Hi, new to the forum and the first year I'll be getting my own plow. I do commercial plowing for the company I work for. Which brand is best and what are the price differences between the 3?

Western1

PlowSite Veteran
What brand of plows does that company use? If your going to be plowing for them it might be a good idea to use the same brand? They should have most repair parts and knowledge of how to fix them. Most plows are pretty comparable in price. A lot would depend on the size of your truck and what you'll be plowing.

Sawboy

PlowSite.com Addict
A search on this forum will literally give you thousands of hours on the pros and cons of all three brands you mentioned. Do a search, read the threads and go from there. This is a beat to death question that had been answered countless times.

John_DeereGreen

PlowSite Fanatic
Which shall it be...chitty welds and paint...chitty plows in general...or chitty waste of R&D dollars on useless projects?

At least option 3, the plow isn't the issue.

Freshwater

PlowSite Veteran
100's of people on here would jump off a cliff in support of all 3 brands. Western hand held controllers were made for my hand, so I run western. Everybody, every situation is different.

delcosnow1

I run all 3 brands. They are all good until one breaks. Availablity for parts an service in your area is key, keep stock in parts yourself for whatever u deside

JustJeff

PlowSite Veteran
What brand of plows does that company use? If your going to be plowing for them it might be a good idea to use the same brand? They should have most repair parts and knowledge of how to fix them. Most plows are pretty comparable in price. A lot would depend on the size of your truck and what you'll be plowing.

All good advice above, this I think this statement is probably the best for YOUR situation. What brand(s) does the company you're going to sub for use? Do they have mechanics on staff around the clock when it's snowing? Do they stock parts for their own plows? If so, I'd do as the gentleman I quoted posted.

Top Forums